PDA

View Full Version : New to ETFs

nnuut
01-03-2009, 08:18 PM
I'm here to learn about ETFs. I here they are the way to go in todays market.
nnuut:D

etftalk
01-03-2009, 08:27 PM
Welcome nnuut! Long time no see! :)

James
01-03-2009, 10:20 PM
Howdy!

Haven't used them before, but may this year.

I look forward to learning a lot more about ETF!!!

etftalk
01-03-2009, 10:58 PM
Hi James.

It won't be long before there are as many ETFs as stocks on the exchanges. OK, that might be an exaggeration, but it's a good thing to trade.

Unlike stocks, one bad earnings report won't kill your shares. And unlike futures, they are not overly leveraged.

ATCJeff
01-31-2009, 08:38 PM
Add me to the this group. I'm here to learn.

Jeff

etftalk
01-31-2009, 10:52 PM
Great! Like the TSP Talk board, things should start out slow here Jeff, but with guys like Bullitt, show-me, Coolhand, and Teknobucks joining, to name a few, this should be a great learning experience for us.

ATCJeff
02-02-2009, 02:49 AM
Great! Like the TSP Talk board, things should start out slow here Jeff, but with guys like Bullitt, show-me, Coolhand, and Teknobucks joining, to name a few, this should be a great learning experience for us.

I agree.

XL-entLady
02-02-2009, 03:12 PM
I'm an EFT newbie too. Current restrictions and market conditions make it difficult to make headway when one's only choices are to be long in S&P, small cap, or internation stock indexes. So I'm trying to learn all I can about ETFs and my fantasy account is doing okay. I don't know enough to play with real money yet. But I am looking forward to learning here at the feet of the masters!

Thanks, Norm, for letting me use your intro thread!

Lady

etftalk
02-02-2009, 04:30 PM
Hey Lady! Thanks for joining us over here. It's a little quiet now, but we'll get'er going.