PDA

View Full Version : Show-me is here.

Show-me
01-22-2009, 12:44 AM
A blank slate to pollute, DXO sucks and here is why.

Show-me
01-22-2009, 12:44 AM
Note to the ETF and ETN traders, DXO SUCKS!!! Tracking error is a understatement. Riddle me this, DXO is 2X long crude oil as is UCO and UCO was up 15% and DXO was up 2.4%???????

It gets better, DTO is the Deutsche Bank PowerShares inverse of DXO and it is down -9.75% and DXO is only up 2.4%. Bullshit! Something stinks in Germany and I am half German.

etftalk
01-22-2009, 10:59 PM
Hey show-me. Good to see you.

Is this a consistant problem, or is it like AGG where it just doesn't seem to match day to day, but long term is accurate? Either way, that makes it tough to trade, huh?

Show-me
01-30-2009, 10:54 AM
Hi Tom,

DXO's tracking error is huge for day or swing trades. I like UCO but it does not trade premarket yet.

Bullitt
01-30-2009, 11:23 PM
I used DXO on that one trade I told you about show-me and it worked out pretty good for me so I can't say I hate it. It is however, a POS. Tracking error is horrendous. I remember days when Oil would be down 4% and this would be down 1% or Oil would be up 4% and this would be up only 5.5%. Defeated the purpose of 2X ETF.

I have a feeling we're going to see some ETF's, specifically ETN's, go kaput by the end of 2009. Call it Darwinism or clearing out the dead wood, but some just aren't going to survive, and this one is on my radar for blowing up.

More good news is that I don't think we're going to have to worry about taxpayer money or government intervention in the bailouts of failed ETF/ETN's.

Show-me
01-31-2009, 01:34 AM
Bullitt, my man! POS sums it up perfectly and you are spot on about a ETN/ETF going down. That is why I dumped DXO and quick. No collateral to back a ETN, all on paper and if there is a problem poof into thin air. ETFs are backed with collateral and you may loose some money but not everything.

I watch DTO and DXO one day both in the negative deep. What a ripe off!

Show-me
01-31-2009, 01:38 AM
What is up with UCO's premarket/aftermarket trading. I can't get a trade some days and this evening got it to go through. Go figure.

Got some at 10.36, not a bargin but good enough.