PDA

View Full Version : Posting Trades

etftalk
02-03-2009, 10:31 PM
Is anyone interested in posting their ETF trades?

I could either start individual threads, ala the TSP Talk account talk threads (http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/forumdisplay.php?f=12), or if there are just a few interested, we can start a blog (http://www.etftalk.com/forum/blog.php) for them.

teknobucks
02-03-2009, 11:03 PM
sure i'm in

long SRS FAZ TWM SSO UYM BBH UNG TAN GEX GLD CEF EWC

stock wise long MCD YGE AKNS TRN

teknobucks
02-03-2009, 11:21 PM
russian trader in nyc...named atillia demiray

followed atillia for a bit in 08 when he was very very hot...lately he has been a fade.

still enjoy reading the trades he & others post at x trends
http://xtrends.blogspot.com/2009/02/second-wave-of-crash-is-well-underway.html#disqus_thread

XL-entLady
02-03-2009, 11:41 PM
I like the account trades and talk at TSPTalk. And I think it will be interesting to see what folks here are doing, since there are so many more possibilities to choose from.

Also that way, we can get comments from each other regarding our portfolios. I agree with Teknobucks - - I like the idea!

My baby eTrade account is in SBB and SH.

Lady

Show-me
02-04-2009, 02:04 AM
UCO and FAZ, go baby go! Looking to pick up some SRS.:bigsmile:

etftalk
02-04-2009, 03:24 AM
russian trader in nyc...named atillia demiray

followed atillia for a bit in 08 when he was very very hot...lately he has been a fade.

still enjoy reading the trades he & others post at x trends
http://xtrends.blogspot.com/2009/02/second-wave-of-crash-is-well-underway.html#disqus_thread
I read xtrends too. Atilla has been quite cold, as you said. But when he's hot, he's hot. He seems to have slowed down his posting drastically recently. Says he's busy with work - but he may just be regrouping.

I actually invited Sol, the admin over there, to use this board as I hate the layout of their website. So tough to follow. He never responded to my email. I'm not sure if he got it.

Show-me
02-04-2009, 12:06 PM
Anybody like coal, KOL?

XL-entLady
02-04-2009, 12:21 PM
Anybody like coal, KOL?
I haven't been watching it. Should I?

I'm thinking of selling my SBB (trying to get into something more stable) and buying GLD with an entry point of around 89.5. Comments?

TIA,
Lady

etftalk
02-04-2009, 03:40 PM
Anybody like coal, KOL?
Maybe a long-term play as it looks like a lot of commodity charts, but it seems to be a thinly traded ETF, so I'm not sure I would trade it. Ave volume ~400K.

Show-me
02-05-2009, 12:34 AM
Maybe a long-term play as it looks like a lot of commodity charts, but it seems to be a thinly traded ETF, so I'm not sure I would trade it. Ave volume ~400K.

Good point on volume.

Show-me
02-05-2009, 12:35 AM

I'm thinking of selling my SBB (trying to get into something more stable) and buying GLD with an entry point of around 89.5. Comments?

TIA,
Lady

I just don't know.

Spaf
02-05-2009, 06:00 PM
I believe gold is in a overbought condition.

TIA,
Lady

Bullitt
02-05-2009, 09:06 PM
If you play with gold play without stops. Otherwise you're sure to get whipsawed. The only ones who say gold is stable are the ones who want you to buy it because they have an agenda.

GLD had that little downtrend breakout but there's still alot of overhead resistance points. The gold bugs are salivating over that last technical move like they just won a war, but it's just one battle. It's never easy, those buy points at support and resistance levels are very highly watched. There's probably millions of buy orders set at the next support level and millions set pennies above the next resistance level, it's just who knows how many sell orders it's going to have to chew through to move upwards.

XL-entLady
02-05-2009, 09:52 PM
Spaf and Bullitt, thanks much for the 'gold' advice! Coming from you two it means a lot. :)

Show-me, I'm looking at silver ... maybe ... and will be leaning on your expertise there! :bigsmile:

FYI for others who may be new to the MB: I know these three members from another MB, and when they speak I listen!

Lady

teknobucks
02-05-2009, 11:20 PM
Anybody like coal, KOL?

yes
the obamanationites beat it up...they hate coal...soon as they wake up they will see we need it...esp clean tek cool

teknobucks
02-05-2009, 11:31 PM

TIA,
Lady

keep the short...or sell it and go 3x down with less $$$ position and buy some gld with difference...i agree tho gld is approaching severe over bot here

buy gld, ewc & cef when the market tanks or just before the shtf...lol

* oh it's so gonna splatter all over those fan blades

wonder woman?

XL-entLady
02-06-2009, 02:26 AM
keep the short...or sell it and go 3x down with less $$$ position and buy some gld with difference...i agree tho gld is approaching severe over bot here

buy gld, ewc & cef when the market tanks or just before the shtf...lol

* oh it's so gonna splatter all over those fan blades

wonder woman?
Thanks for the advice! .... Um-m-m ... "wonder woman"??? :confused:

Lady

teknobucks
02-06-2009, 02:33 AM
ha

never mind just a WAG....lol

like accusing bullit to be leon the professional

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze565gr/i/LeonProfessionalDeluxe.jpg

XL-entLady
02-07-2009, 04:46 PM
With all the talk of agricultural ETFs being the next sexy thing, is anyone watching MOO? Love the symbol. Someone was really thinking. :toung:

Lady

etftalk
02-07-2009, 09:15 PM
With all the talk of agricultural ETFs being the next sexy thing, is anyone watching MOO? Love the symbol. Someone was really thinking.
I don't know the fundamental story but technically it is improving with the move above the 20 and 50-day MA's, although there is still some overhead resistance. The PMO just gave a buy signal.

http://www.tsptalk.com/images/temp/moo.gif

Show-me
02-09-2009, 12:24 PM
FAZ on sale, bought some a $39 pm.

Gumby
02-09-2009, 04:37 PM
FAZ on sale, bought some a $39 pm.

I am going to hold off a day on FAZ. I am afraid the financials might get a pop tomorrow depending on how much money our new treasury secretary throws at them.
Good luck!

XL-entLady
02-09-2009, 05:12 PM
For what it's worth, my current itty bitty holdings are XLV, SLV, MOO, DBP, QQQQ and XLK. And I'm probably going to be sorry I haven't already bought FAZ. :toung:

Lady

justbizness45
02-10-2009, 04:11 AM
Tom, I am good with posting trades. Are you planning on building some kind of tracker?? JB45

etftalk
02-10-2009, 04:27 AM
Tom, I am good with posting trades. Are you planning on building some kind of tracker?? JB45
I thought about it, but it will be very tough to do since ETFs can be traded any time during the day, and instead of a handful of funds, there are hundreds. It would be a lot of work. Where's ocean? :)

XL-entLady
02-10-2009, 11:50 AM
I thought about it, but it will be very tough to do since ETFs can be traded any time during the day, and instead of a handful of funds, there are hundreds. It would be a lot of work. Where's ocean? :)
Yeah, I was wondering how that would work. Pretty complicated for a tracker.

Tom, any thought given to a 'home' area for each member to post his/her moves? Maybe as we get to know everyone's EFT investing style there may be certain folks we'd like to keep tabs on? I don't know if that would be preferred, or if folks would just like to keep all posts divided out by subject. :confused:

Lady

teknobucks
02-10-2009, 12:03 PM
For what it's worth, my current itty bitty holdings are XLV, SLV, MOO, DBP, QQQQ and XLK. And I'm probably going to be sorry I haven't already bought FAZ. :toung:

Lady

believe me it's better 2 be out wishing u were in versus in wishing you were out...lol

holding shorts and some gold stuff even tho it's over bot

etftalk
02-10-2009, 01:49 PM
Tom, any thought given to a 'home' area for each member to post his/her moves? Maybe as we get to know everyone's EFT investing style there may be certain folks we'd like to keep tabs on? I don't know if that would be preferred, or if folks would just like to keep all posts divided out by subject. :confused:

Hi Lady. Let's start it out here and see who is interested... http://www.etftalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27

XL-entLady
02-11-2009, 12:59 PM
And I'm probably going to be sorry I haven't already bought FAZ. :toung:

Lady
I knew I should have bought FAZ, Show-me! Up 25% yesterday. :eek: Woulda, shoulda, coulda .... :rolleyes:

Lady

etftalk
02-12-2009, 08:16 PM
FAZ closes at 44.64. Did anyone take profits at 50/51? :eek:

XL-entLady
02-12-2009, 08:28 PM
FAZ closes at 44.64. Did anyone take profits at 50/51? :eek:
Not me. I still never bought any. :rolleyes: For what it's worth, I'm going to buy IBB and SLX on the next pull-back.

Lady

XL-entLady
02-13-2009, 03:11 PM
Bought SRS today with a tight trailing stop. We'll see how it works out. :unsure:

Lady

Show-me
02-17-2009, 12:13 PM
Picked up some more UCO premarket. Cheap, cheap, cheap.

etftalk
02-17-2009, 01:40 PM
Picked up some more UCO premarket.
I see UCO is 6.66 this morning. Looks ominous. :)

I know you have been busy show-me, but have you seen the new account talk area here? http://www.etftalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Just in case you want to post your actual trades with prices, etc.

Yikes, Dow down 211 as I write. FAZ is my only open position currently. :nuts:

Show-me
02-18-2009, 11:10 AM
I see UCO is 6.66 this morning. Looks ominous. :)

I know you have been busy show-me, but have you seen the new account talk area here? http://www.etftalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Just in case you want to post your actual trades with prices, etc.

Yikes, Dow down 211 as I write. FAZ is my only open position currently. :nuts:

I just tried to open a account and I do not have privilege to start new thread.

Show-me
02-18-2009, 11:16 AM
Picked up some more UCO premarket. Cheap, cheap, cheap.

Getting cheaper. Will buy more if goes below 6. Now I am getting nervous.

XL-entLady
02-18-2009, 01:08 PM
I'm so glad you're going to have Tom open a member thread for you! I've really been wanting to see what you're doing with silver! :)

Lady

etftalk
02-18-2009, 01:32 PM
You're all set show

etftalk
02-18-2009, 01:54 PM
Getting cheaper. Will buy more if goes below 6. Now I am getting nervous.
Now 5.96. Interesting.

Show-me
02-19-2009, 12:42 AM
Now 5.96. Interesting.

Deeper.

Show-me
02-19-2009, 12:45 AM
I'm so glad you're going to have Tom open a member thread for you! I've really been wanting to see what you're doing with silver! :)

Lady

I love silver, but I will not trade it. I own it and will keep it till the grave as a hedge against America defaulting on payment of mature Treasuries.

etftalk
02-19-2009, 03:18 AM
Deeper.I took the bait at 5.95 - doh!

Show-me
02-19-2009, 11:01 AM
I took the bait at 5.95 - doh!

That is a good price! It corresponds with the DXO 1.75 low we had a few weeks ago. I cleaned house a few weeks ago on DXO, but have decided not to trade it due to it being a note.

UCO seem to be tracking a little off and it may be because that it is fairly new and volume is not quite up there compared to DXO.

Here$14U
02-20-2009, 04:14 AM
I currently own TZA (3xshortRussell2000) shares. Bought them the last few trading days, average price $64.33. The 5dayma is accelerating to the upside and above the 20dyma. The Russell looks very weak here to me, futures are down as I write. Tomorrow will be very interesting. Hope you are all doing well trading ETF's!!:)

etftalk
02-20-2009, 04:59 AM
I currently own ...
Here$14U -

In case you are interested... http://www.etftalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=382