PDA

View Full Version : New to ETF Forum

JEL_Futures
01-15-2010, 03:00 PM
Hey everyone:nuts:

I am brand new to the forums...I am looking to speak with like minded individuals about trading.

I am a futures and options broker in Chicago, IL and I also raise equity for my company's managed futures fund.

I look forward to getting to know people in the forums and contributing any information I have to give.

etftalk
01-15-2010, 03:18 PM
Welcome! Thanks for joining us.

JEL_Futures
01-15-2010, 03:29 PM
Welcome! Thanks for joining us.

Thank you for welcoming me. I look forward to getting to know everyone in the community.

Bullitt
01-16-2010, 02:19 AM
Feel free to fire away with your market thoughts. Futures aren't how I roll, but I'm looking forward to your commentaries and strategies.

What are your holding periods generally? Do you hold positions overnight? What do markets do you trade?

XL-entLady
01-16-2010, 12:01 PM
Welcome JEL! We're happy to see you here.

Lady

JEL_Futures
01-17-2010, 01:02 AM
Feel free to fire away with your market thoughts. Futures aren't how I roll, but I'm looking forward to your commentaries and strategies.

What are your holding periods generally? Do you hold positions overnight? What do markets do you trade?

This generally changes with whatever my clients are interested in doing. If they want to take on a lot more risk and go for the "homerun" type gains I will look for buying or selling an outright futures, or buying a naked option that would be held from anywhere from a few days to a few weeks...it would really depend on how tight they would want their stops and things like that.

My favorite types of positions are longer term spread positions or selling naked options. I like these because it is a more conservative approach to the markets(aiming for 20-30% returns) and your able to manage risk and use statistics to your advantage. These are generally held 6-8 weeks, in some cases even longer.

JEL_Futures
01-17-2010, 01:03 AM
Welcome JEL! We're happy to see you here.

Lady

Thank you for welcoming me. I look forward to getting to know you.:)