Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trader Fred

Default Trader Fred

Trader Fred's signals will be updated sometime between 12 noon ET and 3:30 PM each day.

How it works:
    - The Trader Fred ETF Trader System currently tracks 14 different ETF Systems; Some more aggressive than others.
    - The Systems' buy/sell signals are determined after the close of business on the SIGNAL DATE.
    - The buy/sell signals are then posted on the website after 12 noon ET on the EFFECTIVE DATE.
    - The Systems are buying or selling, the indicated ETF at the close of business price on the EFFECTIVE DATE.

(see chart below for examples of Effective date and signal date).
    -- Tom | My Trades

Default Re: Trader Fred

Not a bad start for Trader Fred in '09. What amazes me is how little he trades, yet the 2x aggressive ETF's have really produced. I may have to tell him about the 3x funds that teknobucks uses.

-- Tom | My Trades

Even with 4 of the models now up double digits in '09, Trader Fred has been very quiet on the short-term trades lately. Saving on commisions I guess while the market churns.
    -- Tom | My Trades

Trader Fred's 2008 ETF Systems' returns as posted on TSPtalk.com. This has been expanded to 14 different models for 2009 (shown a post above). More info... www.etftalk.com.

-- Tom | My Trades

FYI, beginning with this afternoon's signals, Trader Fred is adding a gold model to his system.
    -- Tom | My Trades

Quote Originally Posted by etftalk View Post
    FYI, beginning with this afternoon's signals, Trader Fred is adding a gold model to his system.
    That's great news!

Lady
    If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. - Derek Bok

It's been awhile, but Trader Fred's Monday report will have a new signal for one of his models. It's probably not what you think. It comes out after 12 noon ET. Are you on the email alert list?
    -- Tom | My Trades

Fred's stop loss for the SDS trade in model #5 was 94.36, which was obviously triggered on Tuesday. Model #5 is now out of the position. The buy price was 97.27.

I am so used to end of day price stops in the TSP, that I had forgot to post the stop trade here during the day when it was triggered, although Fred always posts the stop amount in advance on his reports when the signals are given.
    -- Tom | My Trades

Fred's buying TLT at today's COB price.
    -- Tom | My Trades

Perhaps that's great news, I've been wanting to see a bottom in bonds. Last week, just about every bond I looked at had horrible technicals.
    Candlestick crack addict...