Thread: tsp sentiment as a tool 2 trade etf's with???

Default tsp sentiment as a tool 2 trade etf's with???

Tom et al
    what have u guys done with this data?? seems to be a VERY consistent indicator 4 exactly what i'm not sure yet....lol

roger dodger at tt seems to think % wise a big move is due either up or down based on the extreme reading u r generating now
    http://www.tsptalk.com/sentiment.html

Lightbulb Re: tsp sentiment as a tool 2 trade etf's with???

Quote Originally Posted by teknobucks View Post
    Tom et al
    what have u guys done with this data?? seems to be a VERY consistent indicator 4 exactly what i'm not sure yet....lol

roger dodger at tt seems to think % wise a big move is due either up or down based on the extreme reading u r generating now
    http://www.tsptalk.com/sentiment.html
    always found it interesting that rd followed tsp sent so closely as a daytrader
    http://www.traders-talk.com/mb2/inde...owtopic=100964

think myself if you could discount the fear factor of those voting somehow this would be the finest indicator available. my gut feel on these polls is to fade them normally....will pay more attn to this one in the future

Default Re: tsp sentiment as a tool 2 trade etf's with???

Hi tekno - I was thinking the same as rd. With the 0.45 to ratio, we could see some sort of rebound this coming week, but it may be preceded by a nasty Monday or Tuesday.

We've had a couple of double digit week gains in '08 after a reading of under 0.50, although we did have one that was down 6% and a couple of smaller losses. I will do more research to see how those weeks played out.
    -- Tom | My Trades

think myself if you could discount the fear factor of those voting somehow this would be the finest indicator available. my gut feel on these polls is to fade them normally....will pay more attn to this one in the future
    The "bull market rules" worked quite well for a couple of years, so I am hoping that our new "bear market rules" will help with this fear factor. As you probably saw, we went all of 2008 without a reading over 2 to 1 so we never got a sell signal. That hurt.
    -- Tom | My Trades

yep

these wild swings have done little 2 mask the overall trend....still think a 500 spx may occur.

I"M SURE 650 will...very soon ....hope it holds since i intend on a "buy with both fists" plan at that point...lol

yep

these wild swings have done little 2 mask the overall trend....still think a 500 spx may occur.

I"M SURE 650 will...very soon ....hope it holds since i intend on a "buy with both fists" plan at that point...lol

That is my plan too.

-- Tom | My Trades

I wonder if there's a way to put into numbers some kind of ETF talk sentiment. If not I'm sure we can at least use it as a way to see where the 'hot money' is flowing on a daily basis.
    "Don't let your highs get too high and don't let your lows get too low." Bullitt’s Market Blog

I'm not sure we have a big enough following yet to get a meaningful survey; hopefully in a few months. Good idea. We are the smart money, right?
    -- Tom | My Trades