Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: broker setup

Default broker setup

i'm using
    bofa for trading acct.
    free trades versus the 7 or 8 buck grind

https://www.baisidirect.com/live/log...**?cid=2509150

fidelity, schwabb, & tos for data and long term stuff ...tos best data feed imho

spread accts around outta fear...lol

Default Re: broker setup

Tekno,

Currently I'm using Scottrade basic. Used Scottrade Elite for a bit, but wasn't a fan of the extra fees and it offers much more stuff than I have time for. I've considered BAC's investment website because of zero commission trades and it looks like over $50K waives the $50 yearly fee. Even if one had to pay the fee, alone I probably spend a couple hundred in commissions a year.

What have you used in the past and how easy was it for you to transfer your accounts to Bank of America?
    "Don't let your highs get too high and don't let your lows get too low." Bullitt’s Market Blog

no trouble moving....if it's an ira you may want all funds to settle for about a week.
    had an ira at fidelity we moved ....they produced a balance of 250 bucks or so about a week after we closed acct.

had i not checked back and detected this it would of caused some irs heartache i'm sure

been with datek, fidelity, schwabb, bofa, & e trade

just looked it up.....was a div payment on few shares of a stock i did not even expect a div with

267.36.....lol enough to mess with ya

wrote new broker a check for same amount about 2 weeks after initial rollover

Quote Originally Posted by teknobucks View Post
    no trouble moving....been with datek, fidelity, schwabb, bofa, & e trade
    I just opened an etrade account. Since I'm still learning the system anyway, it might pay to switch to BofA before I get too comfortable. Do you recall why you left etrade?

BTW, the 'many small accounts instead of one large one' is not a bad idea in today's world. It may be smarter to keep my etrade account and open another one at B of A ..... Comments?

TIA for any insights on etrade,
    Lady

Quote Originally Posted by XL-entLady View Post
    I just opened an etrade account. Since I'm still learning the system anyway, it might pay to switch to BofA before I get too comfortable. Do you recall why you left etrade?

BTW, the 'many small accounts instead of one large one' is not a bad idea in today's world. It may be smarter to keep my etrade account and open another one at B of A ..... Comments?

TIA for any insights on etrade,
    Lady
    prolly wanna keep etrade for data source and open the bofa acct for the trades bofa is real thin marginal trading site...like any big banks' portal

left them when they broke the 1 winning trade i had with unsettled funds while leaving me in the two other trades that went south. they kept about 3700 in profits i had in the good position...while leaving me in the losing moves :O
    told me it was just chance which trade would be broken...informed me most of the time they lose money when this occurs...lol
    filed a sec complaint....waste of time btw...same with finra....crooked cops basically overseeing the elitists crooks

prolly wanna keep etrade for data source and open the bofa acct for the trades bofa is real thin marginal trading site...like any big banks' portal
    Thanks for the information, Teknobucks. I appreciate it!

Lady

Has anyone ever used ING Direct's Sharebuilder? If so, what did you think of it?

Thanks,
    Lady

share builder yeah...

my wife had one from years ago...setup for each kid

they forced her to liquidate the darn things in 07 or maybe 08 early.... it was the one where u can buy one share at a time..with little or no fee at all

it was from mer i think...no mater in the end they kicked everyone out

share builder yeah...

my wife had one from years ago...setup for each kid

they forced her to liquidate the darn things in 07 or maybe 08 early.... it was the one where u can buy one share at a time..with little or no fee at all

it was from mer i think...no mater in the end they kicked everyone out
    Thanks, teknobucks, you probably just saved me some grief.

Lady