Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: broker setup

Default Re: broker setup

Quote Originally Posted by XL-entLady View Post
    JB45, if you see this, please keep us informed about your Zecco experience, okay?
    You got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Show-me View Post
    Are you talking about the trade "settling"? That takes three day.
    No, Zecco let's you set up a transfer from my bank account to my trading account. The first one I did took a few days to get to my Zecco account. I think my bank is treating the transfer like a credit card charge on my debit card. Those are always pending for a day or two before they clear. I will see how it goes next payday when I make another transfer. It just may be slow because this was the first one.

Post Re: broker setup

Quote Originally Posted by XL-entLady View Post
    ..........If you wouldn't mind, could you please do me a big favor and post a thumbnail review of whatever online broker you are currently using or may have used in the recent past? How hard was it to sign up, what do you think of their charting and research tools, how is their customer service, can you cancel or modify a trade quickly, have you ever had a problem with site slowdown keeping you from making a trade, etc.

My sincere appreciation,
    Lady
    Hi Lady!
    I don't recommend any broker, because of what floats the boat. Like you did, it's best to shop around for your own preferences.
    Any internet broker should first...be reputable and safe.
    Charts and stuff are a matter of taste. Other web sites offer plenty research i.e., http://www.barchart.com/ for ETFs, etc.
    Trade cost is a big factor, as over time it's amazing what you can spend.
    I have had NO problems with Scottrade. They have easily reached customer service offices. Any site problems have not been with Scottrade, rather my IP and bad weather, since I'm on a satelite.
    The only problem I have noticed deals with ETF companies, namely some don't appear to transmit constant updates; which confuses the ask/bid task. I have found that iShares seems to run real constant and I tend to use their products; they also are associated with the TSP funds.
    Spaf

Quote Originally Posted by Spaf View Post
    ...I have had NO problems with Scottrade. ...I have found that iShares seems to run real constant and I tend to use their products; they also are associated with the TSP funds.
    Spaf
    Thanks, Spaf, for the feedback! I just opened my Scottrade account online the other day. Got a phone call from my home office the same day welcoming me to the company and asking if I had any questions. Wow!

Good to know about iShares. With all the ETFs out there that basically track the same things, it's good to have some type of track record on products!

Lady
    If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. - Derek Bok