Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Gold

Default Re: Gold

Sorry to go off on a gold rant, but sometimes I just can't help myself.

Please allow me to go off on a survivalist EOTWAWKI SHTF rant for a moment. I'm a bit hesitant to recommend Gold to anyone. You can't eat, drink, shoot or smoke it so it really serves no purpose for me. Lately, it seems that everywhere I turn, people are trying to sell me Gold. These salesmen are playing off of our economic fears. I put this group of people in the same category as Amway salesmen and Llama farmers in that it's all one big pyramid scheme.

Now for a market trade it serves its purpose. But when the dollar hits the fan I'd rather own Silver, Oil and other things that not only contain value, but serve a universally useful purpose. If the world were to go into an economic free fall, 10,000 dollars of gold is only going to make me a target. Banks are going to rape safety deposit boxes and the Feds are going to steel any gold they can find.

OBTW the value of the guns & ammo I own has outpaced everything...
    Candlestick crack addict...

Quote Originally Posted by JTH View Post
    ....But when the dollar hits the fan I'd rather own Silver, Oil and other things that not only contain value, but serve a universally useful purpose. ....
    I do agree with you that silver is going to prove to be a better investment than gold. Silver is like platinum in that it is both a precious metal and an industrial metal. That's why my SLV position is twice the size of my GTU position. And also why I bought PTM the other day.

Lady
    If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. - Derek Bok

alevin Guest
    AutoTracker

And that's why I bought 2x my GLD holdings in DBC this morning (shares-wise) , and why my next move will probably be something energy-related, even if OptX won't let me into DBE (still haven't investigated reason for that roadblock yet).

Quote Originally Posted by XL-entLady View Post
    I do agree with you that silver is going to prove to be a better investment than gold. Silver is like platinum in that it is both a precious metal and an industrial metal. That's why my SLV position is twice the size of my GTU position. And also why I bought PTM the other day.

Lady
    You're right Lady

Have you looked at Silver on EBAY? Even junk silver is overpriced I keep talking about buying physical silver, maybe this weekend I'll look for a coin shop.
    Candlestick crack addict...

Quote Originally Posted by alevin View Post
    And that's why I bought 2x my GLD holdings in DBC this morning (shares-wise) , and why my next move will probably be something energy-related, even if OptX won't let me into DBE (still haven't investigated reason for that roadblock yet).
    You're right Lady

Have you looked at Silver on EBAY? Even junk silver is overpriced I keep talking about buying physical silver, maybe this weekend I'll look for a coin shop.
    Alevin, I bought DBC this morning too! I got it at $20.94. Great minds think alike.

JTH, nope, the physical silver I own is in things like squash blossom necklaces. I've got lots of physical silver and it's all got turquoise in it!

Lady

You're right Lady

Put an add in the paper you are buying coin silver at spot for the silver weight. 1964 and prior years coin silver is 90% pure. You will be amazed how many people come out to sell to you at spot.

Decision Moose stayed in gold for another week. Weekly commentary at the link:

http://decisionmoose.com/Moosecalls.html

I am in SLV instead. I have read a few articles that question if GLD has as much physical gold as it claims.

Oscar thinks gold may have failed after testing the head of a H&S pattern.

http://chartupload.com/viewer.php?fi...lyhb668sp6.png
    -- Tom | My Trades

alevin Guest
    AutoTracker

Quote Originally Posted by etftalk View Post
    Oscar thinks gold may have failed after testing the head of a H&S pattern.

http://chartupload.com/viewer.php?fi...lyhb668sp6.png
    I've seen this coming, didn't lighten up on GLD like I suspected I should a few days ago. Ichimoku Clouds, Aroon and Aroon oscillators were all telling me to get out, lighten up. I just learned how to start reading Aroons this week, but been distracted, unfortunately. Will decide in the am what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by alevin View Post
    I've seen this coming, didn't lighten up on GLD like I suspected I should a few days ago. Ichimoku Clouds, Aroon and Aroon oscillators were all telling me to get out, lighten up. I just learned how to start reading Aroons this week, but been distracted, unfortunately. Will decide in the am what to do.
    Aroon? Wow, Allie, you just keep leaving me in the dust with all your new technical indicators. I'll have to look at that one too. Hope it's easier to understand than Ichi Clouds was!

I enjoyed reading your 'spring update' on the other site. Take care,
    Lady