Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S&P 851 or Bust

Default S&P 851 or Bust

Plus 851 or bust...

I wrote more about this the other day.
    -- Tom | My Trades

Default Re: S&P 851 or Bust

I'm looking at a break to the downside on that pennant as going to be a great fade. One of these days the boys are going to wake up and say, "Let's blow out some stops." VIX failed to make a higher high and confirmed it's downtrend today.

I'm going to be watching for the dip outside the pennant as close as I can in combination with the VIX for clues.
    "Don't let your highs get too high and don't let your lows get too low." Bullitt’s Market Blog

I agree that a rally could be churning ... after a breakdown. I think we could see things get ugly in the short-term, but I would be a buyer of that looking for a scalp trade to the upside. I am watching the MACD right now which has a positive divergence, but I hate that the put call ratios are overly bullish.

That's why I like the idea of a panic sell-off (to raise bearishness) then a snap back rally. Is that too much to ask?
    -- Tom | My Trades

here i feel like we are clinging onto a governmental support level...ie the market needs another 40% or so to price in reality (not the bs pe's we get fed.)

perhaps we need to seek a portfolio that would flourish with war...how ironic if lmt happens to be the hal of this obama admin ...the most liberal ever

feel we ( the world ) are about to be drawn into major conflict. spent some time last night looking at comodities overall...shooting war has gotta be close folks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOgC4...eature=related

got gold?

not to belittle the iraq and afgan ops.

but the war we will see soon will be much broader and fiercer
    Last edited by teknobucks; 02-05-2009 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by etftalk View Post
    I agree that a rally could be churning ... after a breakdown. I think we could see things get ugly in the short-term, but I would be a buyer of that looking for a scalp trade to the upside. I am watching the MACD right now which has a positive divergence, but I hate that the put call ratios are overly bullish.

That's why I like the idea of a panic sell-off (to raise bearishness) then a snap back rally. Is that too much to ask?
    That sounds great to me.

We have the potential to run a couple million stop loss orders on the short ETF types around SPX 855-860. The boys are going to put it on just as main street is reading the horrendous job figures.

I'm currently as bullish as I was in early March 2008 in regards to the general market. A Dow theory buy is a bit of a ways off, but I see less risk on the long side than short side at this point. For those who read the daily charts and 5 minute tickers in search of the holy grail or are just looking to make that 1-2% on an in/out trade, I think it's time to take a step back and observe the forest, not the leaves. I truly believe that a run to 1050-1100 SPX could happen by springtime. It's not going to be a straight shot and I expect chartists to get hammered along the way with whipsaws just as any chartist has been hammered in the gold sector since the November lows.
    "Don't let your highs get too high and don't let your lows get too low." Bullitt’s Market Blog

Early breakout...

-- Tom | My Trades

holding shorts selling longs into this

What do you guys think about 850 as a support level? Nice volume surge in the last few minutes there. Probably a little bit of 'Cover me at any price!!!' I think I saw 25 million shares traded in SPY on the uptick in the last minute of trading alone. That's more than some ETF's trade in a month!