Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lithium?

Default Re: Lithium?

It sounds like a plausible play fundamentally, but I only trade on the charts, and that one needs a rest real bad.
    -- Tom | My Trades

it's a brand new fund, and I was looking for a pullback before hoping on board as well.

Definitely something to watch. It has momentum and I'll bet money managers are going to buy the dips too.
    -- Tom | My Trades

I say go with your gut. Buy a few shares if you think it has a future, but dont go crazy with it. Watch it in the future and if you hear lithium news or se momentum, dca it and grab a few more if you like.
    While looking at this, i discovered LI.V and WLC.V as well. Maybe a way to diversify a little, and get lithium exposure without paying high dollar costs per share. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    I say go with your gut. Buy a few shares if you think it has a future, but dont go crazy with it. Watch it in the future and if you hear lithium news or se momentum, dca it and grab a few more if you like.
    While looking at this, i discovered LI.V and WLC.V as well. Maybe a way to diversify a little, and get lithium exposure without paying high dollar costs per share. Just a thought.
    I have been looking at a few companies that will be mining lithium one starting this year if permits go good and another starting 2012 i believe... I may throw some into these as well as long as there financial statements and technical reports continue to look good. But with everyone pushing electric cars the funding will be there for lithium.

orl.td - lithium company poised for growth 2012. This company has 8 million in start up with Zero Debt as of now

CLQ.TO or CLQMF - canada lithium - The FS is expected to be completed by mid-2011 and if positive and permitting is in place, commissioning could commence by Q3, 2011.

I am also looking at a battery maker in Canada that may be worth some investment, we shall see.

Yea I saw the canadian company but didnt look into them. Thanks for the tips. Speculative markets can be tricky, and this is the first word I've heard of with lithium possibly having momentum. Rememebr though, im no investor guru.
    My opinion....
    About 10 years ago I heard a woman talk about wanting to invest in gold.
    About 6 years ago, I started hearing commercials on Rush Limbaugh...shortly after ever I started seeing all these companies running ads in the paper to purchase your old gold jewelery. Shortly after that, all the ads on tv & radio advertising to buy gold blah blah blah. I figured at that time the ship must have sailed & was too late for anyone to get onboard. (I have only been investing into stocks & such for 2 months, so this was all just talk in my head anyways)
    Now, about 3-6 years later lok where gold is. #1 I think gold may have risen due to all these ads & dumb money. But.....
    Silver is the new talk, and Ive only been hearing it discussed for a month or so now. May be the next ship to get onboard. I know many are looking into it, and not liking the prices.
    My point, I may grab 1 or 2 silver shares like EXK @ $8, why not. Cant hurt. You may want to consider throwing $20-$30 at silver before the lithium.
    Remember, Im no expert and may have no clue what im talking about lol. This is just what I may do. But again, I appreciate the tip re: lithium, i', deffinately gonna look into it, and may add a few of those mining companies to my want list. For now, New years vacation is over. Time to get dressed & play GI Joe for the day

Oh and I meant orl.to not .td

Looks like a nice engulfing candle today, may be time for a pull back, I will be looking for a good buy in point in the near future...

Keep us posted. I may join you.
    -- Tom | My Trades