Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Silver

Default Re: Silver

Wow, down $0.80 a share in about an hour, these short funds are kind of like speed dating, you find out real quick whether or not you're going to get screwed.

Ouch.

Well, if I ever get bored, now I know what to do.

Just buy a leveraged short ETF and watch it go.

I think there is probably a real big chance I am on the wrong side of the ZSL trade, and I typically hate being a don't bettor, but this could break powerfully I think, and if it goes my way it's going to be a good one.

You're right... you could make out like a bandit. I am holding AGQ until I think it is time to jump ship (ZSL). Silver is a huge unknown right now-could do anything.

Which would mean I am basically gambling... Let's just say I have my chips on Black!

Quote Originally Posted by peterson82 View Post
    You're right... you could make out like a bandit. I am holding AGQ until I think it is time to jump ship (ZSL). Silver is a huge unknown right now-could do anything.

Which would mean I am basically gambling... Let's just say I have my chips on Black!
    I guess I got red then. Man, these leveraged funds are like yo-yo's being played with by a crack addict. I didn't understand volatility until just now.

Not only are you in a leveraged fund, but you are dealing with the hottest commodity in the market right now. Many people will have many different opinions about what will happen to it... I am just betting that the upside will continue until June.

In June I sell (AGQ), and try and time a ZSL buy.

I think I get it, silver isn't a commodity play right now, it's a currency thing. Man, I hope this bubble pops.

alevin Guest
    AutoTracker

Yes, its a currency play right now, and I wish I'd bought back at 11 when Showme was talking about it lots. Pullback is likely to be a fakeout tho and start zooming up again.

something worth reading. don't know if things will go this way or not. but somethng to think about. C-fund and I fund implications. not sure about S.

I'm looking for a pullback to 37-40 - enough of a scare for the big boys to get rid of us little guys. A 400% gain is parabolic and when these finally pull back, they can be scary. Whether it happens now or over the summer, look for a sharp pullback that should be able to be bought once the 50-day EMA is tested.

-- Tom | My Trades

alevin Guest
    AutoTracker

Quote Originally Posted by alevin View Post
    Yes, its a currency play right now, and I wish I'd bought back at 11 when Showme was talking about it lots. Pullback is likely to be a fakeout tho and start zooming up again.

something worth reading. don't know if things will go this way or not. but somethng to think about. C-fund and I fund implications. not sure about S.
    Just realized I forgot to link the article I referenced up above-here it is.

http://www.financialsense.com/contri...-end-paradoxes

Silver's getting hammered in overnight trading.
    -- Tom | My Trades