Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Silver

Default Re: Silver

Any thoughts this week on SLV

I took a position on the current pullback @ 12.84 i could only hope that the market's buyers invest in a flight tot safety.
    Candlestick crack addict...

It's had a decent pullback, but with the PMO crossover, it makes me a little nervous. I'd use somewhere just below the moving averages as a place to stop if you are long.

-- Tom | My Trades

I see an inverted Head & Shoulders on the 10-day chart. SLV has pooped into the 13 dollar range for the first time in 6 days.

Wednesday night Jim Cramer, who I find only entertaining, was touting the importance of having 20% in precious metals and his favorite was SILVER. Because of the lag to gold. He recommended SLV and GLD.

The next morning some old guy was a guest on CNBC Squawk and he said no dollar denominated investments, no stock, I don't know when this will turn around, I may be dead before it happens and buy GOLD and SILVER but mainly SILVER because it is lagging GOLD historically.

Buy a gun and move in next to a Mormon too for food.

It seems there was an SLV 13.44 spike on the Yahoo charts, but it doesn't show up on USAA account.

I have to admit to myself that I'm a little disappointed with SLV's action today. I'm watching and wanting a close @ 13.25

Quote Originally Posted by JTH View Post
    I have to admit to myself that I'm a little disappointed with SLV's action today. I'm watching and wanting a close @ 13.25
    Not exactly keeping up with gold, huh? But it has a good chart and is up 7% from the Tuesday low. The reason I don't like SLV is that it's not an ultra. Too sluggish for me. I will watch AGQ, which is an ultra silver ETF.
    -- Tom | My Trades

alevin Guest
    AutoTracker

Quote Originally Posted by Show-me View Post
    Wednesday night Jim Cramer, who I find only entertaining, was touting the importance of having 20% in precious metals and his favorite was SILVER. Because of the lag to gold. He recommended SLV and GLD.

Buy a gun and move in next to a Mormon too for food.
    LOL! I'm surrounded by LDS on 3 immediate sides, plus another 2 doors down on the 4th side. They are a tight-knit community, don't interact with us neighbors unless absolutely necessary, they talk to each other tho. They take care of their own, not the beyond-hope Gentiles like me. what I wonder is how many of the non-LDS people in the area know who they are, and whether those people will come hunting the LDS stashes if times get really desperate. Some of the LDS folks are hunters, some are not, plenty of normal hunting weaponry and personal-defense pistols in the neighborhood, LDS and non-LDS alike. They LDS, may choose to band with rest of us into a neighborhood watch program if it comes to that, but won't count on it.