Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Watch Lists

Default Re: Watch Lists

No, not really because of the differences between the Canadian banking system and the US banking system. Even so, 2/3 of the fund is still natural resource and energy stocks. The chart is really a mess like most country ETF's but it's one of those ETF's that's going to move if one believes oil is going higher.

The canadian economy is overly reliant on the natural resources and oil sectors. Remember when the CAD was worth 1.03 USD or so last summer due to the oil bubble?

It's on my watch list and appears to be forming a base here. Definitely something that's on my radar.
    "Don't let your highs get too high and don't let your lows get too low." Bullitt’s Market Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
    No, not really because of the differences between the Canadian banking system and the US banking system. Even so, 2/3 of the fund is still natural resource and energy stocks. The chart is really a mess like most country ETF's but it's one of those ETF's that's going to move if one believes oil is going higher.

The canadian economy is overly reliant on the natural resources and oil sectors. Remember when the CAD was worth 1.03 USD or so last summer due to the oil bubble?

It's on my watch list and appears to be forming a base here. Definitely something that's on my radar.
    Thanks for the quick explanation. I think this one will go on my watch list too.

Lady
    If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. - Derek Bok

alevin Guest
    AutoTracker

Back of my brain has been telling me to look over the north border for several weeks now, for similar reasons, just hadn't gotten as far as figuring out if there was an ETF. I'm not sure how to go about buying single stocks on the TSE (CanXchange), which is what my little brain was chewing on. thanks for giving me a couple better angles to mull.

I'm planning on going into IBB tomorrow, plus a little DDG, based on buy signals given at AmBulls.com Friday for Amex biotech and sell signals on oil and oil services index. I may even dip into IMA as single stock this week (a component of IBB-charts look good, fundamentals look decent too so far but more due diligence to do there).

I'm watching the Dow and SP500 for turning points the next week or so, at which time I'll grab a few bites of DOG to hold til around 4/3, and take a deep breath on "oh-SH** to hold til around 4/17-those are based on something I read somewhere since Friday-xtrends or Slope of Hope or some such.

Lady, I was looking at IHI today, based on a buy-confirm signal for med-suppliers index at AmBulls Friday, but after looking into it, I just can't get there yet. I may go PIO one of these days for same reason, but it didn't convince me yet, nor did key component companies.

Quote Originally Posted by alevin View Post
    ...I'm planning on going into IBB tomorrow, plus a little DDG, based on buy signals given at AmBulls.com Friday for Amex biotech and sell signals on oil and oil services index. I may even dip into IMA as single stock this week (a component of IBB-charts look good, fundamentals look decent too so far but more due diligence to do there)....
    Lady, I was looking at IHI today, based on a buy-confirm signal for med-suppliers index at AmBulls Friday, but after looking into it, I just can't get there yet. I may go PIO one of these days for same reason, but it didn't convince me yet, nor did key component companies.
    Yeah, Alevin, I watch the biotech industry closely for personal reasons and there are some exciting things on the horizon. {crossing fingers} I looked hard at IBB and IHI myself this weekend. And semiconductors (XSG and IGW) and DBB and, yes, MOO again. I'm still looking hard at semiconductors. It's written into my game plan for tomorrow, if XSG gets the pullback I'm looking for.

Good luck with IBB!

Lady

I'm watching VTI and UNG.

When buying UNG, you will get a K-1 form to file with your taxes, instead of a 1099 because they are considered as partnerships for tax purposes. Just thought I'd share that. I'm sure there are other ETF's doing something similar.
    -- Tom | My Trades

Bullitt just suggested PXJ, which is on my watch list. And that reminded me to post that I'm also looking hard at UGA. For what it's worth,

Lady

Did you know that there is an S&P Dividend SPDR? I didn't until today. SDY closed at $32.55 today and is above its 5 and 10 DMAs, but with a 50 DMA of $33.62. It declared a quarterly divvie on 1/2/09, has a 6.8% yield, and it's going on my watch list.

Anyone know something about this EFT that I should know?

Lady

That's pretty cool, I see it was paying out every 3 months up until last September. I may have to start collecting some for the long-term. Perhaps I'll get some in the 20s
    Candlestick crack addict...

Quote Originally Posted by XL-entLady View Post
    Bullitt just suggested PXJ, which is on my watch list. And that reminded me to post that I'm also looking hard at UGA. For what it's worth,

Lady
    PXJ looks interesting.

Marty