Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Day to Day Market Talk

Default Re: Day to Day Market Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
    What would be a good ETF to short the dollar?
    UDN - but it's kind of thinly traded, but not terribly so. http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=udn. I don't see any ultras.
    -- Tom | My Trades

If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. - Derek Bok

Looks like a big 'ol gap up this morning, although it is not a gap on the chart. I'll be watching yesterday's S&P high of 711.67 for clues.

I believe we've been down something like 11 of the last 12 days, or something, and there is a gap open at 734.50. Perhaps that is a target?

I actually hope not. I am short BGU (3 X bull) this morning and if we do see a higher high over yesterday, I will start looking for the exit. I am using a "mental stop" just so the MM's don't go hunting.
    -- Tom | My Trades

I can't help to wonder, is there too much news? I know many are talking about and expecting a big wooosh, but if everyone already expects it, will it happen?

So many folks throw up comparisons to previous bear markets but one thing is different. During this bear market, we have an unprecedented level of world-wide news.

I have 2 TV channels dedicated solely to the markets. And if that isn't enough, I can download pod cast and watch them on my phone. Or perhaps I'm too busy to watch anything, so I download some MP3s and listen to those instead.

Don't even get me started on the Internet! We literally have thousands of news sources, forums, bloggers, fundamentalist's, and technicians to choose from.

But yea I'm still waiting for the wooosh
    Candlestick crack addict...

Anyone found a good ETF for copper? The only thing I've found is JJC, a sparsely traded ETN. Or is a base metals ETF still our best bet if we want to look at copper?

Lady

Quote Originally Posted by XL-entLady View Post
    Anyone found a good ETF for copper? The only thing I've found is JJC, a sparsely traded ETN. Or is a base metals ETF still our best bet if we want to look at copper?

Lady
    I was thinking of the exact same thing this weekend. I'm watching PCU, and if I go the copper route, I'll choose this one, unless we find something better.

Quote Originally Posted by XL-entLady View Post
    I haven't found one concentrated in copper.
    -- Tom | My Trades

The gap on the S&P 500 near 734 has been filled (today's high is 734.91). If the market doesn't stall here, a move to 740-745 (741 is resistance) would be about all I would expect.
    -- Tom | My Trades

Quote Originally Posted by etftalk View Post
    The gap on the S&P 500 near 734 has been filled (today's high is 734.91). If the market doesn't stall here, a move to 740-745 (741 is resistance) would be about all I would expect.
    Apparently you're not taking advice from Larry kudrow and his minions. I couldn't believe my ears wwhen he was saying we are in the beginning of a summer bear rally.

I swear that guy's real name is Birch...

Has anyone else noticed that ICE had a P&F triple top breakout yesterday? Any thoughts?

Lady