Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: XL-entLady's Account

Default XL-entLady's Account

Good luck Lady!
    -- Tom | My Trades

Default Launching Lady's Account

I asked Tom, our MB administrator if we should keep posting by subject matter or if we might think about a 'home' area for each member to post his/her moves. And the next time I visited the MB, Tom had created this thread for me. Is he a proactive administrator or what!

So as I've already stated elsewhere in the MB, my current itty bitty holdings are XLV, SLV, MOO, DBP, QQQQ and XLK in an eTrade account. I'm not going to make many changes until I get my Scottrade IRA up and running. I'll do that just as soon as I get my 2008 tax stuff finalized. And that's just a little complicated!

I might as well explain how complicated my taxes are by way of introduction. I'm a former government employee who took a disability retirement in 2008 because I have a very rare and painful degenerative medical condition. I also have a very rare and arcane skill set, so my government agency coaxed me back to work as a government contractor, working a few hours here and there as I can and getting paid obscenely well for it! My work requires travel at times, when I'm able to, as well. Lots of tax complications in that picture.

So that's my story. And here's my home. I'll try to keep it comfortable, with big soft couches and plenty of cold drinks in the fridge. So please stop in anytime for a visit. I'd love to have the company!

Lady
    If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. - Derek Bok

Default Re: XL-entLady's Account

Notice the $10,000 I added to your top post? Go for it!
    -- Tom | My Trades

Quote Originally Posted by etftalk View Post
    Notice the $10,000 I added to your top post? Go for it!
    Gee, money from thin air! You're LOTS more fun to deal with than the IRS!

Lady

Guess what? Like the IRS, I'm taking it back.

We are going to wait on the totals and returns for now while we work out the details.

Let's just post the trades, buy / sell with time and prices etc., but posting anything else is just voluntary.
    -- Tom | My Trades

Quote Originally Posted by etftalk View Post
    Guess what? Like the IRS, I'm taking it back.

We are going to wait on the totals and returns for now while we work out the details.

Let's just post the trades, buy / sell with time and prices etc., but posting anything else is just voluntary.
    ROFL! After dealing with TurboTax all day that one was a real gut-buster!

I was wondering how we were going to do the account reporting.... I'll think about it in my next 3 AM board meeting* and see if I can come up with any suggestions - maybe some kind of XL spreadsheet.

Lady

*3 AM Board Meeting: those middle of the night times when you can't sleep so you lie there having a board meeting with all the voices in your head.

Lady, I like your home. It feels as comfortable as your other one. Looking forward to your views and insight. JB

Quote Originally Posted by justbizness45 View Post
    Lady, I like your home. It feels as comfortable as your other one. Looking forward to your views and insight. JB
    Thanks for the visit!

Lady

Quote Originally Posted by XL-entLady View Post
    Thanks for the visit!

Lady
    I asked Tom to make me my own home. Can't wait to see it.

This is my 101st post in Tom's new world. Great place! I'm learning lots and making money - what a lovely combination.

{signs 'from my heart'*} Thanks Tom!

Lady

*For those of you who might be unfamiliar with The American Sign Language gesture meaning thank you, a person places his/her palm over the heart and then makes a sweeping gesture, palm up, away from the body, thus "from my heart." It is a gesture I use in my posts to mean most sincere thanks.