Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: XL-entLady's Account

Default Re: XL-entLady's Account

It's way past time I updated my account page.

Taking the summer off and having time to rethink things, I've totally revamped my account. I had started by using a few large positions, thinking that it would be easier to track what was going on that way. I learned that, for me, a few bad decisions can have too much ramifications that way. So I'm using a much smaller position size now and it's working much better for me. I currently have 33 positions and most of them are doing very well. And I must admit that all but a very few of my positions are in stocks rather than EFTs at the moment.

My most profitable positions currently are GOV, NUS, TPX and F.

My only large position is CEF, which is physical gold and silver.

My most recent purchase was OPNT at $45.40 (down to 44.65 currently) PAA at 61.80 (currently at 65.84) and STEV, which is a penny stock I purchased at 0.88, currently at 0.89. I bought it because I believe in the product, stevia, my favorite sweetener.

And FWIW I'm trying to find reasonable places to put my $ that also pay a dividend. Because I think that is going to be important as the EU implodes.
    If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. - Derek Bok

Good to see you lady! I hope you enjoyed your summer.

It's been quiet here. I have been playing mainly with long / short ultra ETF's and while it has been a wild ride, it's pretty boring to talk about.

For dividends, you might want to check out what ocean has been talking about over on TSP Talk...

http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/showthread...523#post332523
    -- Tom | My Trades

Thanks for the tip, Tom. I'll head right over there. Which leveraged funds are you playing with, anything special or does it depend on the day? And are you holding your positions overnight?
    If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. - Derek Bok

Mostly TNA / TNZ and FAS / FAZ. I made a ton of money from late Aug - early Oct, but gave about 1/2 the gains back in the latter half of Oct. I think I will move to SSO / SDS as the 3X ETF's are getting to be a little too much for me. I'm starting to develop a twitch.

I usually hold at least 3 days because of the 3 day settlement rule in my IRA. Sometime I will own both TNA and TZA at the same time because of that rule not allowing me to sell one, so I own both basically to bring me back to a flat position. Fun stuff.
    -- Tom | My Trades