Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: XL-entLady's Account

Default Re: XL-entLady's Account

DNDN is tanking .... Gah! Don't listen to my stock tips!

Lady
    If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. - Derek Bok

Quote Originally Posted by XL-entLady View Post
    Bought DNDN this morning at $21.91 because it owns a new prostate cancer treatment that has passed first several stages of tests and today is being presented at national urological medical meeting. (My dad has prostate cancer so I keep up on oncology news for the disease.) Anyway, the bump from the meeting presentation already has the stock at $24.24.
    I have very few trading rules and I broke two of them today and it cost me about 20% of my account. "Rule #2: Never buy with unsettled funds." "Rule #7: Set a stop immediately after purchasing an EFT."

Well, I was so sure of DNDN that I bought it with unsettled funds and then, because of the unsettled funds thing, I couldn't sell so I didn't set a stop.

DNDN gained about 10% after I purchased it and then fell about 45% before trading on the stock was halted. I have the dubious distinction of picking the worst performing stock of the 250 that Barcharts tracked today.

Another tuition payment to ETF (actually stock) University. Which brings up another point. If a person invests in EFTs then the risk is spread out because there are multiple companies involved. You would think that with as many balance sheets as I've studied over the last couple of decades, I would remember that conglomerates (and ETFs) mean less risk and therefore greater reward for the long haul. No more single stocks for me from now on. I'm sticking with ETFs! That just became Rule #9!

Well, that's my sad story for the day. You guys learn from my lesson, okay?

Lady

And, yes, in the post below and elsewhere I really meant to say "ETF" rather than "EFT". I worked a lot with electronic fund transfers in my previous work life, and my fingers just automatically keyboard ETF when I type those three letters.

It's another thing like "VW-girl" that I'm going to have to watch closer but will never remember to catch all of them.

Lady

My 75 year old neighbor who loves to play Texas Hold'em tells me, "If you've been playing poker for at least an hour and you don't know who the fish is yet ... you're the fish." Today, I was the fish.

I'm learning. I'm learning.

Lady

Lady
    Not according to marketwatch/afterhours
    http://www.marketwatch.com/quotes/dndn

says it went up 118%

alevin Guest
    AutoTracker

Quote Originally Posted by wv-girl View Post
    Not according to marketwatch/afterhours
    http://www.marketwatch.com/quotes/dndn

says it went up 118%
    that's the thing about after-hours trading WV-girl. Extreme action on light volume. Look at the difference between day volume and after-hours volume-something like 1/6th the volume during after-hours. The werewolves come out to play at night, you know.

Well all I can say is that I'm going to be very interested to see what DNDN does at the opening bell tomorrow!

Lady

DNDN (purchased yesterday at $21.91, rose to about $24, fell to about $12, then trading halted) is currently trading at $25.47. I've done my homework and really believe in their prostate drug, but the market manipulation of this stock is totally UNREAL!

Those of you who have a longer market history than I do, is this type of thing typical? It feels like a 3x thing!

Lady

alevin Guest
    AutoTracker

No clue here, just the little I've picked up in general about after-hours vs. regular market hours, says there's a difference, a dangerous difference for the unwary.

My DNDN, which had recovered all it's losses and then some, is wacking out to the downside again today. After the information release that it had passed the tests for the new prostate cancer treatment and FDA approval looks assured for next year. Whats up with that? Did people think that the approval was going to be done next week?

This stock is FAZ-ing around like crazy ... and I thought I had sworn off 3x stuff!

Lady