Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: XL-entLady's Account

Default Re: XL-entLady's Account

Lady, have you ever tried buying and selling RYDEX funds? No load, no transaction fee on Scottrade and most of their funds have no redemption fee. Only thing, you only get an end of the day NAV since they are mutual funds.

I wish I would have bought CGA and I'm sure you wish you would have held on. At least you got to make some money off it though.
    "Don't let your highs get too high and don't let your lows get too low." Bullitt’s Market Blog

Bullitt, you're the one who posted something that made me look at CGA in the first place so thanks!

I haven't ever played with RYDEX funds but it sounds like I'd better start doing my homework there, so thanks again!

Lady
    If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. - Derek Bok

Sold my CEF right after my last post when gold started to tank. Came out slightly ahead in the trade but not by much. Since then about half my account has been sitting in cash.

Today I bought one share - one share - of a stock. Never done that before. Major whimsy when it should be serious business.

I'm a big huge fan of "cloudware" and I think Google is going to be a major player because of it. I've been watching for months as GOOG doubled in price and telling myself not to chase the stock. Finally decided to give myself a present of one share of GOOG for Christmas. Silly.

And I hadn't even had any eggnog.

Lady

LOL - 1 share. When the heck are they going to do a split so us small timers can buy a few shares?

Good luck!
    -- Tom | My Trades

Okay, I have been irresponsibly lax in my posting. And one of my New Year's resolutions is to be around here much more often.

My entire Roth IRA is currently invested in FDO (Family Dollar Stores) and my old standby favorite ROVI.

I am thinking of buying some T (AT&T) to take advantage of a juicy dividend but I've got to make up my mind quickly because the cut-off date to pay the divvy is January 6! And I'm going to have to sell some FDO if I do it. Decisions, decisions.

See y'all around more,
    Lady

So after looking at things over and over from every angle, I sold all my FDO (at quite a profit, but since I didn't post the buy it doesn't count) and bought T (AT&T) at $29.75.

Here goes nuthin!
    Lady

So if anyone is looking for somewhere to stash cash for the long run, may I suggest they look at the performance of my old standby ROVI. It has gone up about 10% in the last few days, but it has started its pullback.

Of course, do your own due diligence, but I've been very pleased with this purchase for a long time now.

Lady

What a move it's made since late 2008!
    -- Tom | My Trades

Wow. Look at the VZ chart and then tell me whether or not you think there has been any insider trading of Verizon prior to the invitations going out for the iphone roll-out event.

I am always struck at how the options traders have been able to get away with their obvious clairvoyance.

You'll see call or put buying up 1000% or more on a stock that makes a huge move within the next week.
    -- Tom | My Trades