Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: XL-entLady's Account

Default Re: XL-entLady's Account

Interesting thought:

"...Rule One of the professional trader is: When a stock doesn’t do what you expect it to do, sell it. No hesitating, no questions or doubts raised no conjectures of the way it should have turned out, or might still turn out, no dreams of how it will do what it was supposed to do‚ tomorrow. The pro never says, “I’ll watch it one more day”. He doesn’t phone an analyst who’s been following the company and ask, “What’s happening? Is there any news?” All too often, the delay in searching for the‚ “why?” is costly. The desire to be perfect is one of the prime bugaboos of the stock market, but it’s a compulsion that belongs on the psychiatrist’s couch, not on the exchange floor."

http://www.tradersnarrative.com/

Lady
    If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. - Derek Bok

DNDN is back down this morning. I believe in the drug but the stock makes me seasick. Sold it and will by VWO.

Lady

Sold my GSK at a loss. Still trying to decide what to buy with the $ freed up by my GSK and RHHBY sales. Those losses covered and more by VWO yesterday. It went up 6.5% yesterday and I caught 5% of that rally. We're getting a correction in VWO today; we'll see how deep the correction is.

I only have three positions now, 3M, VWO and MVSN. (I've held MVSN for several months now and my only regret there is that my position isn't larger!)

Lady

3m is getting wobbely on the 200 SMA on the daily. I sure wish I had owned it back in March.
    Candlestick crack addict...

I've been watching CUT move up and up without me. I just couldn't stand it any longer. Bought today at $14.00.

Lady

Do you know how much I hate stops? My CUT hit its stop and sold for a loss this morning, right before it turned higher.

Lady

alevin Guest
    AutoTracker

Hah! Sorry. I tried to set a stop on my first buy, but somehow it ended up buying AT the stop, which was higher than the price it was going for when I put the order in. so obviously I haven't figured out how to put a stop order in yet. Then I ready about overnight stop-hunting programs, and quit even thinking about hard stops. Mental stops only so far been working for me-until it doesn't of course.

I am still chasing DDG-sort of-still day orders. But I checked DUG (3x inverse) this am too, and looks like it's hit resistance on the way up on the Ichimoku charts, so I think its ok to hang onto my oil stocks for now and its even ok if I can't get into the 1x inverse, I'm guessing. We learn by doing, right?

Quote Originally Posted by alevin View Post
    Hah! Sorry. ..... We learn by doing, right?
    You are so funny, Allie. thanks for the grin! Yeah, we learn by doing - - and I'm remembering the tuition lessons longer than the victories!

Lady

I only have two positions right now. My VWO, which has been doing well for some time now, and I bought CUT yesterday again at $14.20. It's kind of volatile but has been doing well overall, so I'm going to loosen my stops and see what happens. Hope it doesn't do a FAZ on me.

Lady

Quote Originally Posted by XL-entLady View Post
    I only have two positions right now. My VWO, which has been doing well for some time now, and I bought CUT yesterday again at $14.20. It's kind of volatile but has been doing well overall, so I'm going to loosen my stops and see what happens. Hope it doesn't do a FAZ on me.

Lady
    An account update. My CUT turned out to be too volatile and it knocked out the stop just before it turned and went higher. Story of my life. Anyway, I took the money freed up by my CUT debacle and bought GDX, which has turned out to be a good thing.

So now I have VWO and GDX, two holdings only, both large positions. They are doing well. The only thing that would make me feel better is if I had split my $ into three positions and bought SLV too.

Of course, if I had done that then SLV would have tanked.

Lady