Thread: Trading Account Rules

Default Trading Account Rules

Under Construction!

See the discussion on creating the rules: http://www.etftalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=363

We will want to have some rules in place for accountability purposes. This will help avoid most of the awkward confrontations that will likely arise when members post their trades. Credibility is of the utmost importance when posting in this thread.

This is not like the TSP where we all have a 12 noon deadline, and buy and sell one of 5 to 10 funds at a closing price.

- Send me a PM (private message) to have an account started for you.

- Eventually we will start each new account with a fictitious amount of money to use to trade

- For now, we just need you to list trades with buy/sell prices. If you want to add number of shares and profits and loss, go for it, but that will be organized at a later date.

- One rule will have to be - No Monday morning quarterbacking. We can not post a trade that has happened already (ex. I bought 200 shares of SSO yesterday - not valid).

- Moreover, please post the trade as close to the time of the actual trade as possible.

- You can be trade basically anything; ETF's, stocks, futures, etc.

- Be honest. This is a learning environment. Leave your egos at the door.

- When closing a position, please use the quote feature to reference the original opening positions(s).

- If someone is caught intentionally posting false or misleading trades, returns or other information, their account can be closed down.

- Be careful when posting in this forum. Posts in these threads cannot be edited.
    -- Tom | My Trades

Default Re: Making the Account Rules

I added this to the rules:

- When closing a position, please use the quote feature to reference the original opening positions(s).

See example below:
    -- Tom | My Trades

Default Re: Making the Account Rules

Example:

Quote Originally Posted by etftalk View Post
    Bought ETF here @ $45.15
    Just sold ETF @ 61.02

+35.1%

* A link (the small arrow in the quote) to the original trade is automatically inserted this way
    -- Tom | My Trades