Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: etftalk's Account

Default Re: etftalk's Account

Quote Originally Posted by etftalk View Post
    I grabbed some [QIHU] at $29.19 just before the close on Thursday. It's back over $30 but moving up and down pretty quickly.
    Took a small profit after it was sliding down with the rest of the market. Sold it at 29.55.

Liking CMG as it made new all-time highs this week.
    -- Tom | My Trades

Hm-m-m. CMG has a very nice looking chart, doesn't it! I wish it weren't so expensive. But NFLX is expensive too and I've been trading it with some success. I think I'll give CMG a whirl too. Thanks for the tip! Mexican food it is!
    If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. - Derek Bok

Quote Originally Posted by XL-entLady View Post
    Hm-m-m. CMG has a very nice looking chart, doesn't it! I wish it weren't so expensive. But NFLX is expensive too and I've been trading it with some success. I think I'll give CMG a whirl too. Thanks for the tip! Mexican food it is!
    Expensive, yes, but it does move percentage-wise very well like NFLX, AAPL, GOOG, etc.

I'm embarrassed to say I got this from Cramer a couple of weeks ago. I have lost a lot of money on stocks listening to him, but I took a look and loved the chart. We'll see. I've been in since about 272 (now 282) and it seems investors are buying this on the dips. It's nice to be in the leaders.

If you are looking for something less exensive, highly traded, nicely volatile, but some potential - take a look at LVLT. It has been coming alive lately and made a new high the other day. It seems to be digesting some recent gains and there is a gap that may need to get filled, but it looks like there is interest out there again.

I have been in and out several times because I don't know about the investment side of the story - just the trading side. It used to be a $120 + stock once upon a time. I'll be happy if it hits $2 or $3.

-- Tom | My Trades

I sold all of my individual stock and ETF holdings this morning after the 50-day moving average break. It could be a premature overreaction to this morning's news, but I feel I think more clearly when I'm flat. (I am still holding stock funds in my TSP).

If we close above the 50-day EMA, we could be back in business.
    -- Tom | My Trades

Don't blame you for doing that as I was thinking real hard about pulling out of TNA. I am gonna hold on and hope.

alevin Guest
    AutoTracker

I thought about pulling out too, but didn't get there. My threshold for overall loss is 1% (I'm only 45% into S and I combined in TSP at the moment, have been for a few weeks). I hit the 1% drop from the top today.

Only things comforting me at the moment is that big ol' springtail, and knowing that Sentiment Signal said Buy, and Moosignal is still holding IWM this week. Those are what helped me not pull the plug today-but if it gets worse (I'm watching candle charts and everythng else at the moment), I'm lightening up by half at least.

I rode it out yesterday and actually made a little. I was helped by two good buys I made at the opening bell. I don't know if I'll be that lucky today.
    If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. - Derek Bok

I would have been a little better off not selling yesterday, but I was able to leave the house without stressing.

The buying during the latter part of the day forced me to buy a little near the close incase we saw a pop at today's open. So I decided to get something less volatile and more "industrial". I bought some CAT. An old dog with a great chart and a nice pullback.

I still have about 80% cash of right now and I still like CMG, but I'm holding off until I see if the S&P can recapture the 50-day EMA.
    -- Tom | My Trades

Decided to jump back in CMG today @265.05 after a week of the market digesting the earnings report.

I also bought some ZSL (short silver) at 12.93 as silver was near $50, but I may sell that before you read this. Scary trade. FYI, I got killed on my last ZSL trade (bot 15.84, sold 14.04 after 1 day).
    -- Tom | My Trades

Quote Originally Posted by etftalk View Post
    I also bought some ZSL (short silver) at 12.93 as silver was near $50, but I may sell that before you read this. Scary trade. FYI, I got killed on my last ZSL trade (bot 15.84, sold 14.04 after 1 day).
    Sold 1/3 of ZSL position @ 17.80. Looking for silver to hit 37.
    -- Tom | My Trades