Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Thread: etftalk's Account

Default Re: etftalk's Account

I know what you mean. When the market isn't trending, I can't ever seem to even get on the right side of a trade. That's why I'm sitting out right now waiting to see whether the bulls or bears win. If I picked a position right now I could just as soon make a bonfire of dollar bills. <rolls eyes>
    If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. - Derek Bok

Being in cash is a good way to clear the cobwebs and see the market more clearly.
    -- Tom | My Trades

Quote Originally Posted by etftalk View Post
    OK, I chased a little and bot SLV @ 35.40. Small position so far.
    I know this is catching a falling knife, but I am buying AGQ (3 X silver long) here near 183.
    Still holding both of these but seeing some resistance here in silver and it won't take much for me to bail. There is an open gap near 38 and with that old resistance line possibly coming back in play, a move above 38 would be a bullish sign but it could be tough to do. It may be time to use one of those stops - perhaps just below today's lows.

-- Tom | My Trades

OK, I chased a little and bot SLV @ 35.40. Small position so far.

I know this is catching a falling knife, but I am buying AGQ (3 X silver long) here near 183.
    Still holding both of these but seeing some resistance here in silver and it won't take much for me to bail. There is an open gap near 38 and with that old resistance line possibly coming back in play, a move above 38 would be a bullish sign but it could be tough to do. It may be time to use one of those stops - perhaps just below today's lows.
    What a difference a day makes: Stopped out of SLV @ 36.18. Stopped out of AGQ @ 204.34.
    -- Tom | My Trades

What a difference a day makes: Stopped out of SLV @ 36.18. Stopped out of AGQ @ 204.34.
    Not bad, 12-13% in about 4 trading days... hmmm, about 600% a year if you can do that each week...

I'm glad I wasn't jumpy on CMG this morning. Support and stop held and it actually closed in positive territory. I now LIKE this action - although it now has to test the overhead 50-day EMA (see chart in above post).

CMG looks like it is ready for its next move higher...

-- Tom | My Trades

Decided to jump back in CMG today @265.05 after a week of the market digesting the earnings report.
    I decided to sell 1/4 position in CMG today as it was up another $5 a share on the day. Sold @ 280.73. Still holding 3/4 as I think $290 is close at hand.

It was my largest holding and being fully invested, I wanted to free up some cash to buy AGQ (silver 3X long) this morning with silver holding up despite today's rally in the dollar. If the dollar pulls back I think we could get another pop from this volatile silver trade.

Added AGQ @ 164.59.

Now holding the following, in the order of largest to smallest allocation:

CMG
    TNA
    AAPL
    CAT
    AGQ
    -- Tom | My Trades

Looks like some really good holdings. I had CAT for a while and sold way to early. I need to learn to be more patient with my winners.
    If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. - Derek Bok

Added AGQ @ 164.59.
    This one is leaving a mark. I can't even sell it until tomorrow because of the free-ride rule.

The gap on S&P is nearly filled this morning so I will wait to see how that plays out before selling any equities.
    -- Tom | My Trades

Now holding the following, in the order of largest to smallest allocation:

CMG
    TNA
    AAPL
    CAT
    AGQ
    Stopped out ouf CAT.
    -- Tom | My Trades