Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: etftalk's Account

Default Re: etftalk's Account

Quote Originally Posted by etftalk View Post
    Short BGU (3x bull) @ 25.49
    Tom,
    Great call! I have been out early today when the market was climbing. Now it has somewhat come back to reality. Have you covered ?
    Or let her ride?

I have not covered. I saw the gap in the S&P get filled and took a shot. As much as many think this market is ready to rock and roll, I see the end of this rally being very soon - with perhaps today or tomorrow being the high of the bounce.

If I'm wrong, I'll know soon enough.
    -- Tom | My Trades

As much as many think this market is ready to rock and roll, I see the end of this rally being very soon - with perhaps today or tomorrow being the high of the bounce.

If I'm wrong, I'll know soon enough.
    There was relentless buying into the close today......sure looked like the PPT was at it today. I wonder how much is in the budget for funding of the PPT?
    I wish the government would quit manipulating everything in our lives. I am sick of it.

I'm sure you've already picked up on this, but just case.

Trading the Odds
    Candlestick crack addict...

alevin Guest
    AutoTracker

I spotted the new blog the other night, been keeping an eye on it sorta, not part of my regular routine yet, still too new to make the synapses connect w/o extra effort. I get an A for effort, right?

Quote Originally Posted by JTH View Post

Trading the Odds
    Thanks JTH. I haven't picked up on much lately. I have been so busy the last week that I have hardly been home at all the last week or so (and so I haven't posted much lately). I am quite out of sync with the market so I will gladly read what they have to say.
    -- Tom | My Trades

Quote Originally Posted by JTH View Post

Trading the Odds
    Quote Originally Posted by alevin View Post
    I spotted the new blog the other night, been keeping an eye on it sorta, not part of my regular routine yet, still too new to make the synapses connect w/o extra effort. I get an A for effort, right?
    I saw it too. I have to read and reread the entries to get them to sink in. Lots of compound sentences. I'm sure the ideas are good ones but for me it's a bit of a slog.

Give me David Fry's blog any day. A chart with comments. Then another chart. Kind of like our own JTH's posts.

Lady
    If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. - Derek Bok

Bought BGZ (3 X bear) @ 58.25

I tried to short a little more BGU instead, but Scottrade said they didn't have any shares available to short, so, I went with a long position of BGZ.

I was reluctant to add to my short market position until I saw that today's sell off wasn't going to snap back. I think it's a little safer now that the weakness is holding.
    -- Tom | My Trades

Bought BGZ (3 X bear) @ 58.25

I tried to short a little more BGU instead, but Scottrade said they didn't have any shares available to short, so, I went with a long position of BGZ.

I was reluctant to add to my short market position until I saw that today's sell off wasn't going to snap back. I think it's a little safer now that the weakness is holding.
    Tom,

Do you think we will break below 800 early next week?

Heck, I thought it was going happen this week, so this strength has me a little confused. But yes, I think next week we finally head down again. Whether that is to new lows or to test the lows, I don't know - I actually hope the test holds so I can finally get bullish.
    -- Tom | My Trades