Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: etftalk's Account

Default Re: etftalk's Account

Quote Originally Posted by etftalk View Post
    Yeah, ouch is right. Horrible trade. I feel inclined to stay short, but that negative bias toward the leveraged ETF's and the fact that I felt frozen to do anything else while holding that FAZ position, led me to get flat and get that trade behind me. Ready to start anew.
    After today, I feel good about unloading FAZ yesterday to some other trader that took the $8 sh loss today.

I see wv-girls bought FAZ for about $10. Who'd a thunk it? It was 115 just over a month ago.
    -- Tom | My Trades

Bought TZA (3 x small cap bear) @ 36.67.
    -- Tom | My Trades

By the way, Scottrade is still not making any TNA or BGU shares available to short so I'm still stuck buying the short ETFs.
    -- Tom | My Trades

Still holding just one position (TZA - 3 X short small caps). The market is sure testing the patience of the bears.

Otherwise I have been on the sideines waiting, as I can't figure out the metals right now (look bearish but if stocks drop, you'd expect a little pop), I can't find any shares of 3X bull funds to short, I'm bullish on commodities but some have run too far, too fast and may be due for a pullack.

These 3X leveraged ETF's sure make you pay when you hold them.
    -- Tom | My Trades

Since my head is still spinning from the losses in my current short ETF positions, I have been very inactive with the plan to go with Fred's trades. He has some longer term positions on but I am taking his new trades being posted today in Gold and Bonds.

I won't post them here since I don't want to take credit for them.
    -- Tom | My Trades

Just saw your news about son's wedding in the 'site news' thread. Mazel Tov!

Lady
    If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. - Derek Bok

Before heading on vacation, I sold my remaining (TZA - 3 X short small caps) @ 22.50. Both Fred and Ebb seem to be looking for a short-term bounce.
    -- Tom | My Trades

Back from vacation and it looks like I should have held onto TZA, but I didn't want to hold while on the road.

I bought it back this morning, embarrassingly much higher (25.25) than for what I sold it for last week
    -- Tom | My Trades

alevin Guest
    AutoTracker

Quote Originally Posted by etftalk View Post
    Back from vacation and it looks like I should have held onto TZA, but I didn't want to hold while on the road.

I bought it back this morning, embarrassingly much higher (25.25) than for what I sold it for last week
    what price peace of mind, Tom?