Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Justbizness45's Account

Default Re: Justbizness45's Account

JB45: I'd be careful of ETF's trading less than 100K shares a day. Show-Me might be able to shed some light on this one. I know he was warning folks that some thinly traded ETF's may be discontinued. He had a list, I believe somewhere of these thinly traded ETF's that may be discontinued. USO has more volume and safer, a better one might be UCO up 2.68% Friday. Trade well!
    Timmy, who goes over your tax return?

alevin Guest
    AutoTracker

Quote Originally Posted by Here$14U View Post
    JB45: I'd be careful of ETF's trading less than 100K shares a day. Show-Me might be able to shed some light on this one. I know he was warning folks that some thinly traded ETF's may be discontinued. He had a list, I believe somewhere of these thinly traded ETF's that may be discontinued. USO has more volume and safer, a better one might be UCO up 2.68% Friday. Trade well!
    I'm with 14U on that one, JB. One of my main weed-out criteria is the $100K avg. monthly volume threshold. I saw and copied for use that same Seeking Alpha article when it came out in January. It was Technobucks who posted the link in the Watch Out for these ETFs thread down below.

UOY is on the list. Take a look at this article.
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/1181...lous-4-1-split

Thanks, Alevin, H14U, As a newb I have learned to ask before leaping. Great info.

Just bought UCO @ 10.11

Still holding SLV @ 13.11

Put in a limit order for FAZ @ 19.30. We will see if it fills tomorrow. Still holding SLV and UCO. I think financials will turn bearish very soon and want to be in for the fun.

Quote Originally Posted by justbizness45 View Post
    Put in a limit order for FAZ @ 19.30. We will see if it fills tomorrow. Still holding SLV and UCO. I think financials will turn bearish very soon and want to be in for the fun.
    FAZ order filled @ 18.73. I will probably hold it for awhile.

Put in a limit sell on my FAZ @ $20.50. I've got to start remembering to do that. I could have been out of it today as the high was $20.60 but I didn't set a sell limit. The 3X makes me nervous to stay in long term.

Quote Originally Posted by justbizness45 View Post
    Put in a limit sell on my FAZ @ $20.50. I've got to start remembering to do that. I could have been out of it today as the high was $20.60 but I didn't set a sell limit. The 3X makes me nervous to stay in long term.
    First of all, my friend, thanks for your visit to my home and for the kind words!

I know what you mean about staying in FAZ, or any leveraged EFT for that matter. The fact that each day is a clean slate up or down, rather than having it be a simple compounding of the 1x ETF over time, is a different concept to wrap our heads around.

And I get the feeling that "FAZ" is going to become one of our MB family history words. You know ... those things that have added meaning to us because of a backstory? For the moment, it seems to be a learning opportunity for us all.

Lady
    If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. - Derek Bok

Quote Originally Posted by XL-entLady View Post
    First of all, my friend, thanks for your visit to my home and for the kind words!

I know what you mean about staying in FAZ, or any leveraged EFT for that matter. The fact that each day is a clean slate up or down, rather than having it be a simple compounding of the 1x ETF over time, is a different concept to wrap our heads around.

And I get the feeling that "FAZ" is going to become one of our MB family history words. You know ... those things that have added meaning to us because of a backstory? For the moment, it seems to be a learning opportunity for us all.

Lady
    I know what you mean. UCO is double leveraged, but the 3Xs with me not being able to trade at work, I need to be very careful. I want to minimize paying more tuition to ETF University.

Decision Moose stayed in gold for another week. Weekly commentary at the link:

http://decisionmoose.com/Moosecalls.html

I'll post on gold page also.

Changed my FAZ sell from 20.50 to 23.00. It is currently 22.50 premarket. I thought about going to 25.00 but decided to not get greedy. Bought at 18.73. UCO is getting killed and my SLV is also down early but both are long term position for me.