Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Justbizness45's Account

Default Re: Justbizness45's Account

Here's a little diddy on silver:

http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/vide...=1#14375381001

I'll post it on the silver thread also

Based on the HSBC reports, financials will probably get hammered tomorrow. From 350Z's thread on the other site:

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/stor...etrss#comments

Time to go to short ETFs again??

Decision Moose is staying in gold for another week. Enlightening analysis of last week's decisions.

http://www.decisionmoose.com/Moosecalls.html

Perfect! But it looks like it is going to be a Monday morning gap open and anyone long gold (or silver) and/or short financials may want to use a trailing stop once the market opens. Those gaps tend to get filled pretty quickly.
    -- Tom | My Trades

Quote Originally Posted by etftalk View Post
    Perfect! But it looks like it is going to be a Monday morning gap open and anyone long gold (or silver) and/or short financials may want to use a trailing stop once the market opens. Those gaps tend to get filled pretty quickly.

Tom, your decision to hold FAZ over the weekend was a great one!
    Do you think GDX will move up or will just GLD soar this morning?

SDS will open about 4 bucks higher is the futures level holds.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
    Do you think GDX will move up or will just GLD soar this morning?
    I still like the chart on GDX. I'll be moving my stop up to just below Friday's close.
    -- Tom | My Trades

Quote Originally Posted by etftalk View Post
    I still like the chart on GDX. I'll be moving my stop up to just below Friday's close.
    Friday's low was taken out on GDX. All bets are off.
    -- Tom | My Trades

Bought more SLV today. Unfortunately I had to place the order pre-market as I am not able to trade at work. As a result my order filled first thing this morning @ 13.00 for a total position in SLV @ 13.11. I need to figure out a better way..........

Sorry I haven't been posting much. After 3 failed attempts to buy GE last week and the resulting loss of gain because the transactions didn't happen I was frustrated. Today I did put in a pre-market order for C @ 1.95 before I went to work. When I saw C up 33% today I tried to log on and see if it the order has closed so I could sell and couldn't get on the site due to work's security. The buy did close @ 1.95. Now I have to decide if I want to hold or sell tomorrow before I go to work. Still holding my SLV.

From Denniger on the Market-Ticker:

Floating around DC from little birds tweeting (a piece of which apparently got caught up by CNBC this afternoon) is an idea that would actually work to jumpstart investment and private capital flows.
    Exempt any purchase made this year only from capital gains tax no matter when it is sold.
    Now this year that will not likely cost much if anything, because there are little in the way of capital gains right now (among houses, etc.)
    It will have back end costs, but it will also drive capital into the markets in a major way.
    We currently have a crisis of confidence. To fix it you can either lock up all the fraudsters or you can put raw, red meat in front of the tiger - that is, crank up the "greed" dial.
    The former is hard, the latter is easy.
    This would be easy.
    President Obama, here's the proposal:
    • Any asset purchased by 12/31/2009 is exempt from capital gains tax no matter when it is sold.
    • Exempt instruments include machinery, equipment, real estate and improvements to same (both commercial and residential) and any security traded on a listed exchange with a central clearing counterparty.
    • Explicitly NOT included are OTC private-party securities such as CDS.
    This will:
    1. Drive capital out of "the mattress"; if you don't buy by 12/31, too bad so sad. This focuses the stimulus on both the time and place where it is needed.
    2. Is non-discriminatory as to where you put the capital, but if you sell and buy after 12/31, you likewise lose the exemption, so this provides incentives for long term buy and hold transactions, which are precisely what you want.
    3. Specifically provides an incentive for capital formation in small business; the potential gains here are monstrous, but of course so are the risks. Since small business creates most jobs, this is a good thing to provide incentives for.
    4. Incents people to buy both stocks and bonds - that is, to re-enter the capital markets.
    This would immediately reverse the funds flow out of mutual funds, it would provide funds to business via bond sales, it would provide incentives to buy common stocks and it would promote long-term ownership.
    While "traders" (myself included) would benefit this trader would have to seriously consider sticking a good chunk of my available funds into an account intended not to be touched for 20 years spread across various investments; this would provide people with a one-time way to get themselves what amounts to an infinite-size 401k or IRA, yet you have to do it now when the economy clearly needs it.
    You want to fix the capital markets?
    That would do it.
    (Yes, it would hit cap gains tax receipts in forward years, but hopefully economic growth would cover the shortfall. This much I know - it's a hell of a lot better idea than "spray and pray" with government spending, and wouldn't require Treasury issuance. Even better if President Obama was to propose this not one Republican could oppose it, given their claimed propensity to support "tax cuts". Hubba hubba.)

http://market-ticker.denninger.net/

It has potential!!