Thread: Doomsdayers

Default Doomsdayers

Has anyone been following the recent Feb 9 - 13 week doomsday stuff from a guy named Reinhardt? Pretty entertaining if nothing else. He's made some interesting market calls in the past and tomorrow (2/13) there is supposed to be something significant happening.

I won't even post a link out of fear of losing credibility. Just Google something like : Reinhardt predictions 2009
    -- Tom | My Trades

Default Re: Doomsdayers

Quote Originally Posted by etftalk View Post
    Has anyone been following the recent Feb 9 - 13 week doomsday stuff from a guy named Reinhardt? Pretty entertaining if nothing else. He's made some interesting market calls in the past and tomorrow (2/13) there is supposed to be something significant happening.

I won't even post a link out of fear of losing credibility. Just Google something like : Reinhardt predictions 2009
    Yeah, but I blew it off. "Something" is pretty vague... I hope it's not too bad my TSP is 100% stocks right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU5i31T8dWY

I don't believe any one man has enough power or incite to predict such catastrophic events down to the day.

Having said that, I do believe and live the Boy Scouts motto... BE PREPARED

Quote Originally Posted by JTH View Post
    Having said that, I do believe and live the Boy Scouts motto... BE PREPARED
    I know what you mean. We don't want to base our investments on something as abstract as this but either something happens or it doesn't. However, it would seem silly to lose a bunch of money knowing we had some hint that something could happen. Tough to say. These folks also believe our gov't was behind the world trade center bombings, or the moon landing conspiracy, so how serious can we take them? Nevertheless...
    -- Tom | My Trades

Be careful tomorrow. The conspiracy theorists believe tomorrow, Friday 2/27/2009, is supposed to have some negative significance.

7's 9's and 11's apparently have some meaning.
    -- Tom | My Trades

Quote Originally Posted by etftalk View Post
    Be careful tomorrow. The conspiracy theorists believe tomorrow, Friday 2/27/2009, is supposed to have some negative significance.

7's 9's and 11's apparently have some meaning.
    To keep the entertainment alive, let's look at the closing price of the Dow today (2/27/2009) as it pertains to 9's and 11...

Date: 2/27/2009

2/2+7/2+0+0+9

2/9/11

Closing price: 7062.93, Down 119.15

7062.93: Add the numbers together: 7+0+6+2+9+3 = 27 (2+7 = 9)

Down 119 points: 1+1+9 = 11

What about the 15 cents in the -119.15? I don't know, but if you strip the 7062 off the Dow, it also adds up to 15. (7+0+6+2).

The theory is that some secret group is controlling things and numerology is part of it somehow, and for some reason 7, 9, and 11 are favorite numbers.

I just found this site on 9 11 numerology. There's probably a lot of sites like it... http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=44426

Do I believe it? No. Do I enjoy playing the game, yes. Back to the real world. It's 5 o'clock somewhere. Time for a beer.
    -- Tom | My Trades

Make that two!!