Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Financials: FAS vs. FAZ

Default Re: The Financials: FAS vs. FAZ

Quote Originally Posted by JTH View Post
    But, soft! what light through yonder window breaks?
    It is the east, and FAZ is the sun.
    Arise, fair FAZ, and kill the envious moon,
    Who is already sick and pale with grief,

JTH,

Be right sit tight. Our day in FAZ will come. The bulls are about to reach their orgasmic peak. When they fall, it will be epic. The .gov have not done anything to fix this mess. We have tent cities and folks living in the woods, in the U.S.

The market is just not finish drawing in the suckers yet. We have just entered overbought.

Quote Originally Posted by JTH View Post
    But, soft! what light through yonder window breaks?
    It is the east, and FAZ is the sun.
    Arise, fair FAZ, and kill the envious moon,
    Who is already sick and pale with grief,
    ROFL! I was thinking of another quote myself:

To be or not to be, that is the question. Whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, or to take arms against a sea of troubles and, by opposing, end them.

At least, I think that's how it goes. It's been a few decades since my English Lit classes.

Lady
    If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. - Derek Bok

I posted this at the other site, something to think about.

There is a doomsday scenario we should all be aware of that could come to fruition. Because of the AIG scandal (paid bonuses), there is very little political will now to give AIG anymore bailout money. If it is revealed today (or in the future) that AIG will need more bailout money, the chances are very good they will not get it. We are then at a place where the whole global financial structure is in deep jeopardy. Folks, this is going to get very interesting as well as scary.

If this happens buy all the FAZ you can.
    Timmy, who goes over your tax return?

Quote Originally Posted by Here$14U View Post
    Thanks for the incite

FAZ not off to a good start this morning.

Attachment 38
    Last edited by JTH; 05-11-2009 at 09:48 PM.
    Candlestick crack addict...

I posted this at the other site, something to think about.

There is a doomsday scenario we should all be aware of that could come to fruition. Because of the AIG scandal (paid bonuses), there is very little political will now to give AIG anymore bailout money. If it is revealed today (or in the future) that AIG will need more bailout money, the chances are very good they will not get it. We are then at a place where the whole global financial structure is in deep jeopardy. Folks, this is going to get very interesting as well as scary.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Ever the optimist, I'll be the first to admit that I'm a lousy technical analyst. Nevertheless, I'm not worried about my losing position in FAZ, after all I'm only down 48.28% I'm not worried because I know that when times get tough, I can always make stuff up to make myself feel better. So to make myself feel better, I'll take a look at XLF and make my case for the hungry bear.

The Slow STO is now in overbought territory. If you'll notice the yellow line I drew across the STO's peaks, than you'll also notice it hasn't spent much time in overbought territory within the last nine months.

Moving on... Anyone who watches Oscar's crazy videos on You Tube knows that he likes to point out trading channels. So to make myself feel better I've made up a channel that shows us we have not broken the trend and that the trend is still down. We also haven't gotten above the 2nd previous swing high.

Now for the ADX. The main ADX trend indicator is what I would consider to be in Neutral and it has been pretty good at marking short-term market bottoms when it peaks.

But I don't want to focus on the main indicator, I want to focus on the Positive trend +DI and the Negative trend -DI. They are both at the peak of their trending range which leads me to believe they will turn around soon.

I'll give it about a week, if the Bear doesn't feed, than I'll shoot him myself...

Attachment 39

Last edited by JTH; 05-11-2009 at 09:48 PM.
    Candlestick crack addict...

Arrow Re: The Financials: FAS vs. FAZ

If it is revealed today (or in the future) that AIG will need more bailout money, the chances are very good they will not get it. We are then at a place where the whole global financial structure is in deep jeopardy.
    If the affect on AIG not getting bail out money is truly as doomsdayish as it is made out to be, then the Fed will bail them out regardless.

All stops will be pulled out in order to avoid the ultimate global market melt-down. You can bet on it.
    "You rise. You fall. You're down then you rise again. What don't kill ya make ya more strong." - Metallica

I think I've read that there is about $63 Trillion in derivatives, credit default swaps, etc. outstanding for which no one knows their worth. How much of this toxic stuff remain on AIG's books? If the bailout money for AIG (if asked for by AIG) is not passed by Congress, than the Fed will bail them out?! The Fed is now buying US Treasuries to keep interest rates down, most likely to keep the National Debt affordable. Between buying Treasuries and the possibility of bailing out AIG, should AIG ask for billions more, what will the Fed's balance sheet look like? The US Dollar took a pounding today, so obviously the Fed doesn't care what toilet the $ goes down as long as interest rates don't go higher. Looks like the US $ is toast to me. Gold and Silver should do well if the $ heads down.
    Timmy, who goes over your tax return?

alevin Guest
    AutoTracker

Never thought I'd turn into something resembling a goldbug, but here I go. Got a good start anyway. I was a penniless grad student in mid80s when the west coast timber market was in the toilet, companies overpaid for timber, went bankrupt. I got a windfall (for me) insurance payout. I was afraid to stick it in savings account at 17% in the credit union because I'd never had enough money to have a savings account prior to then, was afraid to put all that money into a savings account because then I wouldn't have full fingertip access to it if I needed it. It slowly slipped away paying living and education costs over the next few years and buying a new Honda Civic to replace my old Chevy that had 125K miles on it. Wish I'd had the grasp I do now on the economy back then and ways I could have managed those funds to make them last longer, vs. the ignorance I had back in dealing with my investing opportunity that I was too financially illiterate to handle well.

The US Dollar took a pounding today, so obviously the Fed doesn't care what toilet the $ goes down as long as interest rates don't go higher. Looks like the US $ is toast to me.

The American dollar has been devalued with this move by the FED. I cannot see a good outcome to this.