Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LTB's Account

Default Re: LTB's Account

Re: GNK

Nice LTB. Looks like GNK was a wild one for you.
    -- Tom | My Trades

Quote Originally Posted by LTB View Post
    I have no feel for the market so I'm feel out of touch. What to do????
    I went through a simular problem on my last deployment. I left in Sep 2007 just before the market's peak and was fully invested in stocks. When I got back in Feb 08, I learned a costly lesson the hard way...

Looking back at that situation I wish I had been more diversified, it would have at least softened the blow.
    Candlestick crack addict...

OK, I'm back from Oz, what a wonderful country to vacation in. The only bad part was being so out of synch with the markets here in the US. And I made a classic mistake, I bought FAZ around 50 and then went into the rain forest for several days. By the time I came back out (after wrestling a couple of crocs) it had tanked. Lesson learned, never buy something volitable when you can watch it closely.

So today I'm back in - bought SKF at 98.51.

Quote Originally Posted by LTB View Post
    And I made a classic mistake, I bought FAZ around 50 and then went into the rain forest for several days. By the time I came back out (after wrestling a couple of crocs) it had tanked. Lesson learned, never buy something volitable when you can watch it closely.
    Welcome back! A lot of us here did the same thing with FAZ - and we WERE watching.
    -- Tom | My Trades

Well no luck with FAZ so I went back to an old standby, SKF. Bought some last week at 98.52, yesterday at 60 and this morning at 62.74. Putting a bunch of Easter eggs in 1 basket, but I'm hopeful for a gain soon. Will put some stops in the prevent the FAZ fiasco...