Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: JTH's Account

Default Re: JTH's Account

Bought SDS @ 69.71
    Candlestick crack addict...

Quote Originally Posted by JTH View Post
    Bought FAZ @ 9.97
    Good luck. I hope the stress tests results are legit and not fluffed up like some earnings we've seen.
    -- Tom | My Trades

Bought SLW @ 7.68

Quote Originally Posted by etftalk View Post
    Good luck. I hope the stress tests results are legit and not fluffed up like some earnings we've seen.
    Lol legit? I'm counting on that.

Bestfreecharts.com

New Picture (1).jpg

I'm position sizing now, which means I'm trading a slimer profit margin for safety. The truth is I don't have enough buying power to make the big moves that make a difference.

My 3 biggest mistakes this year.

1. Selling too quickly: Simular to what Upreand and others have said. I've owned stocks that have doubled and tripled, just weeks after I sold them.

2. Not hedging: I should use my TSP to hedge when I'm being proven wrong by going short.

3. Position sizing: My 1st postion in FAZ was a big hit. But the real mistake was the postion size.

I'm still a bear and will stay short below the S&P 500's 875.63

My SDS has a mental stop of 64.00

FAZ just bounced off 1 pennie higher than its 52 week low of 8.50 My stop on FAZ is just a few pennies below that.

My SLW gapped up this morning, my stop is @ 7.20

FRACK!!!

I just got stopped out of FAZ

Could be my risk tolerance, but when entering FAZ I do not use a stop, because it swings wildly. It's not like the ETF is going to fail tomorrow, geez we are in a full blown recession/depression. I try to time the FAZ uptrend with the market downtrend. Looks good now with the upcoming bank stress test uncertianity. Just saw a report tonight that suggests that Citi and BOA need more capitol. I am planning to hold FAZ until about spx 875, and I will fine tune with the FAZ chart and BKX as we go along. Thinking 1-2 week trade. Very exciting! IMO, it's the best trade out there and still a screaming buy. Some say trading FAZ is un-american, but I say you fool CEO's got yourself into this mess, so I might as well have a few pennies.

JTH, are you buying SLW because you believe that commodities will continue to lead this next cyclical bull or is this just a one week fling?
    "Don't let your highs get too high and don't let your lows get too low." Bullitt’s Market Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Uptrend View Post
    Could be my risk tolerance, but when entering FAZ I do not use a stop, because it swings wildly.
    I hear ya there UpTrend, but heck my timing and lack of patience kill me more than my stops do. I placed a 8.35 stop on that trade because I figured that if it blew through that stop then we'd be going down to a lower trading range. Well I was wrong, although we did dip down into the 7s we did manage to get back up into the 9s. I'm done with FAZ (for now.)

The truth is I shouldn't be trading FAZ/FAS because it's not something I believe in. We're entering a new era of government intervention/regulation and the only way I can vote against it, is to vote with my money...