Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: JTH's Account

Default Re: JTH's Account

In case anyone hasn't noticed (from my manic chart posting) I've signed up as a member of Stockcharts. Just a year ago I wouldn't have even considered paying for a charting service, but people change.

If I can quit smoking and throwing my money down the toilet, then I can quit trading and throwing my money down the toilet too. Most of my trades have been profitable, but a few trades weren't. Those few negative trades have been ugly and they are off-setting the good trades.

It's time for me to start taking this stuff seriously, filter out the noise, develop a sound strategy and implement that strategy. In the meantime, I'll be tweaking my charts until I find the right combination that suits my style.

My best to everyone who is holding FAZ and getting bled to death. I'm not a patient person, so holding this 3X monster for more then a few hours is not my style.
    Candlestick crack addict...

Quote Originally Posted by JTH View Post
    In case anyone hasn't noticed (from my manic chart posting) I've signed up as a member of Stockcharts. Just a year ago I wouldn't have even considered paying for a charting service, but people change.
    I'm a member of Stockcharts too. I think I get enough 'at a glance' information that it's worth it, especially considering all the charts I look at these days. But I haven't spent as much time playing with the settings as it looks like you have. Good for you! I like the way your moving averages show up. I'll have to play with stuff to get a better feel for those visuals.

If you find something in the program that makes you say, "Wow!" share okay? TIA,

Lady
    If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. - Derek Bok

Quote Originally Posted by XL-entLady View Post
    I'm a member of Stockcharts too. I think I get enough 'at a glance' information that it's worth it, especially considering all the charts I look at these days.
    Hi Lady

So far I'm finding the charts (and the 34.90 monthly) to be worth it. Just looking at the different time frames (5min, 15min 60min ect) is opening up different perspectives and helping me to grasp the "time" concept.

I started off with the basic package, but after a day I was already looking for more. The "Extra + Real Time package is leaps ahead the basic package. Ayone with a long-term perspective doesn't need any of this frilly stuff, but it is nice to have some new toys to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by JTH View Post
    I started off with the basic package, but after a day I was already looking for more. The "Extra + Real Time package is leaps ahead the basic package. ...it is nice to have some new toys to play with.
    Yep, me too, what you said exactly. I just need to spend more time on the visuals. I've been concentrating on looking at the different timeframes in beaucoup de grande nombre charts.

Lady
    If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. - Derek Bok

Jason's Weekend Review

100% FAZ, Cost Basis 51.32 (includes Buy/Sell trading cost)

I'm down -31.30% but let me tell you, I sleep well at night

More hourly charts of FAS vs. FAZ

Take care, and enjoy your weekend

Attachment 56

Attachment 55
    Last edited by JTH; 05-11-2009 at 09:49 PM.

JTH thanks for posting those neat charts. I'm also in FAZ. Started to buy it around 43, bought 3 more times and averaged it down to 33. I sold 2/3's of it today, but if it should come down a few points I'll be back in it fully again. Good LUck!
    Timmy, who goes over your tax return?

BOught my faz at 41.30, thought about doubling down when it got to 27, but I would have had to sell my other holdings in order to raise cash...and I was not about to go "all in" such a risky ETF considering how crappy I felt after it fell 30% !!! Nice charts below. I am basing my holdings of these short ETF's and sell targets on the S&P...I think we easily come back to 740's, in which case FAZ should be at or above my buy price. I will be happy just to get back to 41. I don't think there is much fundamental reason for financials to rally further...but then again you have TurboTimmy coming out with a toxic asset plan. That, and the bonus issue...that is really weighing heavily on them and I believe is the main reason why FAZ has rallied last two days. If it looks like the senate will not pass such a draconian bonus tax bill as the house passed, and/or TurboTimmy comes out with a decent plan, FAZ could really tank. However, if it takes several more days into next week before there is any clarity, then, FAZ could go up hard in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by Corepuncher View Post
    I am basing my holdings of these short ETF's and sell targets on the S&P
    You bring up a great point there Core Puncher. All these ETFs and individual stocks really don't mean a hill of beans if we don't watch what the S&P 500 is doing.

Bought GGP @ .69 (regular brokerage account)

Backfill: I've been thinking about buying physical silver since hurricane Katrina, when my extended family was left with nothing but government failures in epic proportions on all levels.

Since that time, I've made it a point to stock preparation type items. Now I don't have an underground bunker (yet ) but I do keep extra water, food, gas, guns & ammo. I just spend a little here, and a little there it's nothing extravagant, but it builds up over time.

So today, I was fortunate to have found a nice coin store and purchased my first Silver American Eagle. My son has been collecting coins with his grandpa for years, so it was more for my son's own benefit than my own.

OBTW The customer in front of me dropped some serious cash (5 grand) for some Gold eagles.

A co-worker of mine walked in and dropped 1100 on gold. He says he spends all his extra money on gold and silver.