Thread: Link icon to Sister site

Default Link icon to Sister site

Just curious if you would consider putting up a little link Icon to your sister forum, so lazy folks like me can switch back and forth quicker.
    Candlestick crack addict...

Default Re: Link icon to Sister site

OK, I've added a couple of links.

There is now one in the main menu above the stats. That will go to the TSP Talk message board.

There is also now a link in the left menu of the main part of the site so if you are in these forums

- Click on the logo at the top left of this page
    - Then click TSP Talk in the left menu under Links & Help. This goes to the TSP Talk home page
    -- Tom | My Trades

Thank you for the updates, it did puzzle me why you weren't cross linking with the other Forum, to bring more traffic here?

I have to admit you kind of have me spoiled to this format. Just the other day, I was looking for a runner's forum and was disappointed in the way their subjects and threads were set up.

I tend to gravitate towards the V-Bulletin style.

Thanks again...JTH

Quote Originally Posted by JTH View Post
    ... it did puzzle me why you weren't cross linking with the other Forum, to bring more traffic here?
    You noiced, huh? To be honest, I have been a little reluctant to get too excited about ETF Talk in front of our TSP Talk premium members since Fred, Ebb, and Rev are giving free trading signals here. Even though the ETF trading is different and more active than the TSP signals, I am worried that they might think we are giving away here, what they are paying for there, even though the systems are totally diffrent. So, it has been a sticky situation, but I have been slowly leaking the info on the board to those who I see might be trading ETF's already. Does that make sense?
    -- Tom | My Trades

Quote Originally Posted by etftalk View Post
    You noiced, huh? To be honest, I have been a little reluctant to get too excited about ETF Talk in front of our TSP Talk premium members since Fred, Ebb, and Rev are giving free trading signals here. Even though the ETF trading is different and more active than the TSP signals, I am worried that they might think we are giving away here, what they are paying for there, even though the systems are totally diffrent. So, it has been a sticky situation, but I have been slowly leaking the info on the board to those who I see might be trading ETF's already. Does that make sense?
    So Tom, I've been so excited about this site that I've been practically using the Goodyear blimp to advertise on the TSP Talk site. Do the rest of us need to be more selective too?

If so, no problem. I want to do this the way you want to do it!

Lady
    If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. - Derek Bok

Quote Originally Posted by XL-entLady View Post
    So Tom, I've been so excited about this site that I've been practically using the Goodyear blimp to advertise on the TSP Talk site. Do the rest of us need to be more selective too?

If so, no problem. I want to do this the way you want to do it!

Lady
    You're fine. The way you and show-me have been doing it has been great. I just didn't want to put it in my commentary or on the home page. The folks on the TSP Talk message board reading our daily posts are more likely to be ETF'ers.

Thanks!
    -- Tom | My Trades

Quote Originally Posted by etftalk View Post
    Does that make sense?
    Now that you mention it, I can see where you're coming from. I would guess a small percentage of TSP Talkers are actively involved in trading outside of TSP.

But I do wonder if TSPTalk has served as a gateway drug too

Still I can certainly understand how some of the newer folks wouldn't understand the difference between EBB's analysis on TSP Talk, vs here.

Quote Originally Posted by JTH View Post
    ...But I do wonder if TSPTalk has served as a gateway drug too
    Gateway drug. Yep. What an apt term. Got me hooked on the hard stuff! ROFL!

Lady
    If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. - Derek Bok

LOL - You got it... This site is for those already hooked. I will be promoting this site more toward traders rather than those just saving for retirement, although they could be one in the same. It is a tougher sell for sure, since there are so many trading sites out there, so I really do appreciate the referrals.

ETF's are a growing phenomenon and as TSP Talk was a new idea 5 years ago and we may have created a new breed of TSP participants (smart ones), I suspect ETF's will be in almost everyone's portfolio within a few years.

I am probably guilty of trying to catch lightening in a bottle for a second time, but it's what I love to do. And I'm told... If you build it, they will come.
    -- Tom | My Trades