Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Here$14U's Account

Default Re: Here$14U's Account

Thanks for your intel on the juniors. Good idea.
    "Don't let your highs get too high and don't let your lows get too low." Bullitt’s Market Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Here$14U View Post
    ...looking to buy some TZA, SDS, SDD, EFU, FAZ on any rally Monday. Not all of them but probably the least expensive one which I believe is FAZ or TZA. Also QID might be a possibility. ...
    I was interested to hear you're thinking of those. I'm looking at TZA or QID myself.

Good luck!
    Lady
    If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. - Derek Bok

Lady and others interested;
    To find the best or worst performer remember the ratio charts I mentioned at stockcharts.com. To see if QID is weaker or stronger than TZA or anyother stock or index type in QID:TZA for example or QID:SDS. I remembered that recently the Nasdaq was outperforming the other indexes to the upside during the last rally. Expecting a pullback now, but this new plan of buying bank toxic assets may move the market higher for a day or two first providing an opportunity to purchase some FAZ or TZA or other shorting ETF's. Good Luck!
    Timmy, who goes over your tax return?

alevin Guest
    AutoTracker

14U, just wanted to say thank you for teaching about the ratio charts, I've been using them to weigh USO vs. USL, vs. UGA,etc. lately, and also GLD vs. GDX. It's a great tool!

Second that! I didn't know how to do ratio charts before you showed us how. They are really handy. Thanks!

This site is so great! Special place, special people.

Lady
    If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. - Derek Bok

Thanks, yes those ratio/comparison charts do come in handy to see what is outperforming.
    Today I sold the last of my FAZ at the open, I had only a 1/3 position left and wanted to put that money to better use so I took what profit I had in USO and took a full position in UCO (bigger percentage moves). Also took positions in GSS and NXG, two junior miners. Still also own some SLV, AZK, NSU, TRE, HL. If these 8 go up 4% from the previous close, then I sell a 1/3 posiion, if they go down 4% from the previous close, then I buy a 1/3 position of the total I own in each issue. As long as the trend remains up I'm finding this system working quite well. During pullbacks I load up, and during rallies I lighten up. I think commodities based issues will do well here. I'm thinking of doing the same with UYG should it pull back. Trade well!

Still own the 7 issues mentioned previously. Started a position in UYG as well. I am watching MACD indicators in all these issues very closely. If MACD's start flattening out and starting to go weak, I will be selling out of these positions. I am heartened however by the NYSE Bullish Percent Index ($BPNYA @ stockcharts.com) as it continues to climb higher. This rally may last a few more weeks but once the $BPNYA gets back above 70% the market will be overbought. This indicator is very good. Try to learn all you can about it. You'll be glad you did!!

From what I'm reading, this bear market rally may move higher, but a correction (which I believe we are experiencing) is needed first to clear the way. Corporate earnings will be bad, but may already be factored in so if we do correct it may not be to bad. I still own SLV, the junior miners, and also PKD an oil driller. I don't know if their corrective pphase is over yet, but I'm expecting them to rally soon.

Hi Folks, long time since my last post. Very busy with outdoor work, etc.
    I'm still trading however and doing quite well with the junior miners. Have small positions in AZK, CGLD, CGR, GRZ, GSS, JAG, NSU, PMU, TRE, SLV. As these move up I have been selling some shares to raise some cash. As they move back down to 13 or 20 day moving averages I buy some shares. Some are doing better than others but with limit buy and sell orders, emotions are out, as Oscar would say.
    Other issues I have small positions in are MESA, ROYL, UCO, and FAZ.
    FAZ, I have been buying some in the low $5.00 range and selling some in the high $5.00 range.
    It's hard to say, but those guru's that I follow think the S&P will be heading down soon, so that's why I'm playing with FAZ. Then again with so many expecting a drop, the opposite will probably happen!
    Anyways, good luck to all, I'll try to follow up with a little of my current trading technique tomorrow
    14U

Nice job 14U!
    -- Tom | My Trades