Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Here$14U's Account

Default Re: Here$14U's Account

Sold SSO and GLL for some small profits today. Bought TZA again today as I believe the Russell will be heading down again. This time I'm buying some should it move down 3% and selling some should it move up 3% above my average cost. Trend is still up as TZA's 20dy moving average is climbing. I like the volatility. My average cost is $74.24 so will be looking to sell some 3% higher @ $76.47 or buy more @ $70.06.

Cancelled the TZA limit order to sell some at 76.47 as the markets were starting to weaken again. Sold that batch at 79.55 instead, 3% higher than I originally paid for it. I did buy some more however at $75.44 earlier in the day but can't sell it till some of my previous trades settle. My average cost now is $73.80 for the shares I do own (closing price today $78.96). I'm still expecting the Russell 2000 to move down in coming days, so for tomorrow,
    I will sell another batch 3% higher than my last sale @ $79.55 which will be $81.93 should we go that high. Also I will buy another batch 3% lower than $79.55 my last sale price at $77.16. If one of these trigger than I adjust my buy and sell limit orders 3% above and below the last trigger price whether it be $79.55 or $77.16. Simple system, for a bullish situation for TZA. I find it easier concentrating on 1 or 2 stocks rather than dealing with more. I think oil may be ripe soon for a SCO play, as well as gold for a GLL play. Also the semi's for a SSG play. Even silver for a bearish move using ZSL. We'll see how they look tomorrow. If these appear ready for a bear play tomorrow (are up) I may do a pilot buy into one of them. Good luck trading.

Quote Originally Posted by Here$14U View Post
    Cancelled the TZA limit order to sell some at 76.47 as the markets were starting to weaken again. Sold that batch at 79.55 instead, 3% higher than I originally paid for it. I did buy some more however at $75.44 earlier in the day but can't sell it till some of my previous trades settle. My average cost now is $73.80 for the shares I do own (closing price today $78.96). I'm still expecting the Russell 2000 to move down in coming days, so for tomorrow,
    I will sell another batch 3% higher than my last sale @ $79.55 which will be $81.93 should we go that high. Also I will buy another batch 3% lower than $79.55 my last sale price at $77.16. If one of these trigger than I adjust my buy and sell limit orders 3% above and below the last trigger price whether it be $79.55 or $77.16. Simple system, for a bullish situation for TZA. I find it easier concentrating on 1 or 2 stocks rather than dealing with more. I think oil may be ripe soon for a SCO play, as well as gold for a GLL play. Also the semi's for a SSG play. Even silver for a bearish move using ZSL. We'll see how they look tomorrow. If these appear ready for a bear play tomorrow (are up) I may do a pilot buy into one of them. Good luck trading.

Looks like your method is working. With volatility, it appears this is a money machine.

Trade well

Well so far today, the 3% increment buys and sells are working pretty good.
    Sold 26 @ 83.24 at the open.
    Bot 52 @ 80.74

Limit order sells are at 83.16 and 85.66 26 shrs each
    Limit order buy for 52 shrs @ 78.32.
    Prices based off 3% increments off last triggered price @ 80.74.

Average cost per share held, 77.23.
    We'll see how it goes the rest of the day.

Friday was crazy but profitable. I'm going to try 4% increments because 3% increments are just too active.
    In addition to TZA I'm also playing with some FAZ.
    For Monday things look like this.

TZA average cost per share held 78.50.
    Limit orders in to sell some 4% higher @ 81.64 then 8% higher @ 84.78. Limit buy order in @ average cost price of 78.50, will buy more price drops 4% lower to 75.36.

FAZ average cost per share held 59.25.
    Limit orders in to sell some 4% higher @ 63.99 then 8% higher @ 66.36. Limit buy orders in @ average cost price of 59.25 and also 56.88.

As long as these two issues can stay above their respective climbing 20 day moving averages I'll continue to play this game.

Friday was crazy but profitable. I'm going to try 4% increments because 3% increments are just too active.
    In addition to TZA I'm also playing with some FAZ.
    For Monday things look like this.

TZA average cost per share held 78.50.
    Limit orders in to sell some 4% higher @ 81.64 then 8% higher @ 84.78. Limit buy order in @ average cost price of 78.50, will buy more price drops 4% lower to 75.36.

FAZ average cost per share held 59.25.
    Limit orders in to sell some 4% higher @ 63.99 then 8% higher @ 66.36. Limit buy orders in @ average cost price of 59.25 and also 56.88.

As long as these two issues can stay above their respective climbing 20 day moving averages I'll continue to play this game.

Did you sell that TZA? FAZ?
    Great call holding it over the weekend!

Yes, Gumby, TZA and FAZ shares were all sold out early today at profit.
    I initiated new positions n EUO, DUG, and QID.
    I had two Sells in DUG one 4% above purchase price and one 8% above purchase price. I still have a 1/3 position left in it.
    With EUO and QID I still have my full positions as no 4% profit limit sells were triggered today.
    Tomorrow I will place my limit sells again at 4, 8 and 12 percent above purchase price selling a third of my position at each of these levels. If tomorrow these shares fall in price I will be buying 4, 8 or 12% below purchase price or average cost per share levels. As long gas 20dy moving average continues to rise on these 3 issues I'll play this game. Good Luck Trading!!

14U, I wanted to thank you for your posts. When I started looking indepth at TZA and FAZ I wasn't sure I was on the right track. When you posted that you were working them, then I knew I was finally starting to understand this stuff. My sincere thanks!

Good luck on the EUO, DUG and QID. I looked hard at QID myself but decided I didn't know enough about the Nasdaq to mess with it. I'd better just still to my TZA/TNA stuff.

Lady
    If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. - Derek Bok

alevin Guest
    AutoTracker

Well so far today, the 3% increment buys and sells are working pretty good.
    Sold 26 @ 83.24 at the open.
    Bot 52 @ 80.74

Limit order sells are at 83.16 and 85.66 26 shrs each
    Limit order buy for 52 shrs @ 78.32.
    Prices based off 3% increments off last triggered price @ 80.74.
    Hi 14U, I'm still unseemly new at this trading biz, and ETF rules too, so I have 2 very newb questions for you....

1. I was under the impression that ETFs sold only in round lots of 100 shares, is that only for puts and calls (contracts)? I see where you sold 26 shares and bought 52 shares. Or did I misunderstand the 26 and 52?

2. When you sell 3% and turn around and buy 3% right back (or vice-versa)-how are you avoiding the 3-day settlement rule? Are you buying with ready cash or are you buying with the cash you just raised by selling?

sorry, I must sound like a complete idjit for asking such questions, but I truly am unsure of myself in this new environment, trying to make sure I understand what I'm doing before I go for real trade. TIA

Hello Alevin, glad to see ya here, join the party!

ETF's can be bought in any amount of shares as far as I know. I think you are thinking of options which are equivalent to 100 share lots, but a lot cheaper, as the are only the right to buy or sell.

3 day settlement rule is avoided by not trading my whole account balance. Another words I'm not investing all my funds into 1, 2 or 3 etf's. I'm only using 10% of my funds for one etf, so in this way my funds are clearing everyday and usually available for use. If I want to buy an etf and I get a notice that I could get a restriction because of unsettled funds I will not buy that etf until funds have settled.

We are here to help eachother so keep shooting the questions. I certainly will if I can't answer one myself.
    Good Luck trading, I hope these answers help you. 14U