Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Here$14U's Account

alevin Guest
    AutoTracker

Default Re: Here$14U's Account

thanks 14U. the answers help hugely. I've been papertrading all in 100 share lots, which quickly ate up my limited cash. now I know I can keep some in reserve for setups and still have something in the market too if I want.

I had one last question I meant to ask last night but forgot:

How are you avoiding the roundtripping rule about buy/sell/buy or sell/buy/sell the same thing in short amount of time? Is it because you are only selling or buying % of the ETF total at any one time?

Alevin; Regarding roundtripping. I'm afraid that's something I have to look into. I haven't had any repercussions doing what I have been doing, so I'm assuming its okay. I'm simply investing 10% or so of my funds into an etf, then selling 33% each time I hit a predetermined price level 4, 8 or 12% higher using limit orders. Doing the same on the way down only buying at those lower levels as long as the 20 day moving average continues to climb. We'll see how it goes. Good Luck!
    Timmy, who goes over your tax return?

Bought a few shares of DUG and QID today as their prices were down today. Took a position in FAZ, sold 2/3rds of them early in the day when they rallied, then bought back 1/3 position at lower price in the afternoon. Nothing much happened with EUO today, not enough volatility to trigger a buy or sell using 4% increments.
    I'd like to see this rally continue tomorrow morning so I can buy more shares in these issues, then probably an afternoon selloff carrying into Friday. I just don't feel comfortable playing the long side yet.

Got sold out in FAZ, DUG, EUO and QID doing well. Took a position in SLV @ $12.86.

Meant to say still have positions in EUO, DUG, and QID. Just bought some SLV, and watching SCO.

Hi Ho Silver!! Bought some SCO also as a pilot buy. Oil should remain weak for a while yet. My DUG position is very close to being closed out with a profit. Last batch will sell @ $34.61 if we get that high. Will be looking for other opportunities. EUO is doing okay but a very dead issue. May take small profit there and look for something more interesting.

Bought SLV @ 12.84 days ago, It's good to see Silver breaking away, I hope it continues
    Candlestick crack addict...

Dumped my SCO today for a small loss, as oil looks a little firmer here. Closed out my DUG position with a profit. Still have a little QID left (1/3 position) which almost got sold toay, missed it by a few cents. SLV doing okay, should be abetter week next week. Bought a few junior mining stocks (small positions) NSU and AZK, also watch TRE and JAG. Still own some EUO which is the Euro shorting instrument. Have a great weekend!

My 1/3 left QID position got sold off today for a full position profit of 10%. I made a small purchase of USO today, and then bought a little more later in the day. Oil looks interesting here. I bought somemore SLV, and still own EUO (Euro shorting instrument). I'm watchin DCB, TZA, SDS, SDD, shorting instruments. It's possible we get a pop on the 12th from the mark to market legislation that may get passed from what I'm reading, but that may be just the opportunity to go short again. I still own a couple of gold stocks, AZK, and NSU, added more to my positions today. Gold looks interesting here as well, but there may be a few more flush outs yet before it heads up, (same with silver). Good luck to you all! Oh by the way, my call for the bottom in the markets is 300 for S&P and 3,000 for the Dow, end of 2010. I believe this secular bear market is proving itself by breaking 2003 lows in many indexes. The way things are going we could get there sooner! Just my two cents.

Hi y'all;
    How markets have changed in a few days.
    I'm mainly playing the precious metal arena. Still holding SLV, NSU, AZK. Picked up some HL and TRE today. Also have some USO. NSU, AZK, HL and TRE are common stocks (miners). I will be selling 2/3rds positions when I hit 8% profit in each issue. NSU isalmost there. Also sold EUO, to soon to short the Euro.
    Trade well.