Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: alevin's Account

alevin Guest
    AutoTracker

Default Re: alevin's Account

I've lost quite a bit on my longs thus far: URA, USL especially, plus a couple spec stocks. Have been waiting for the big reversal-saw it coming this morning before work-was expecting it, had just enough time to buy 100 of DOG-profit thus far. I'm not doing the 2-3 X leveraged ETFs-I'm not good enough or quick enough for those.

Trying to offset the losses so far in the others. Uggh. nothing like trying to recoup portfolio as a whole-Roth account.

alevin Guest
    AutoTracker

So I've been doing absolutely lousy with these accounts since early in the year. UGGGG. sold off one of the spec penny stocks, won't tell anyone but the accountant how much I lost on that one-good thing it was a penny stock, %wise it hurt hugely, cashwise, some but not near as much. same with the other I'm still holding onto. The ETFs are in sad shape but they are long energy ETFs and so I will hold until they come back up, however long that takes. with inflation will probably be way lower value even when they come back up in nominal terms. Ug.

So today I let the price come to me again like I was trying to do there awhile back, put in a good til cancelled bid on a stock that ended up running away from me the other day. wish I'd set the limit price below the gap that's in the chart earlier than the limit price I bid, it might get there (to the gap) much sooner than I thought it would. when it does, I might buy some more. Good dividend MLP for the retirement account. BWP. now I just need to ask the brokerage to pay me in stock and not in cash for the dividends.

It hasn't been easy for the investors for a long time. The S&P is sitting at 1200 and the first time it hit 1200...? 1998.

Some day buy and hold will work. Probably about the time the big financial companies start accepting my mantra that friends don't let friends buy and hold. Of course they don't want anyone trading, They want to play with our money while we wait at home for our statements.

I'm not sure why I went there. I digress. Good luck! I think Nov / Dec could be good months.
    -- Tom | My Trades