Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Natural Gas ready to Move Up?

Default Re: Natural Gas ready to Move Up?

Alright, I jumped in during the AH session and purchased UNG at 14.45 last night. If only I would have waited I could have gotten 'em cheaper. It's all good though. This is planned purchase 1 of 3. I will make at least 2 more to make up my target, but may add even more depending on how things go. Example- If this thing begins to base, I'll probably add more aggressively to it.

I have limit orders set for purchase but no stops, so if you're following along, be prepared for a wild ride!
    "Don't let your highs get too high and don't let your lows get too low." Bullitt’s Market Blog

UNG very overbought right now but hoping it finds support at the 15-16 region on the next pullback. I'm still looking to commit my other 2/3 to this ETF on weakness.
    "Don't let your highs get too high and don't let your lows get too low." Bullitt’s Market Blog

$natgas still over it's 50DMA, but UNG broke through pretty hard to the downside. Today might be a volume record for UNG and I wonder if that means anything seeing that volume overall has been quite light this week.

I still have GTC orders lower and I'm thinking there's a good chance they can get hit tomorrow or next week.

Bought more UNG at 13.66 with an equal amount to last purchase. I have had this limit order in for a few weeks now and it finally hit today. I have others set even lower.

Haha, this thing is a volatile ride for sure!

Good luck Bullitt! Have you thought about a nat gas futures contract?
    -- Tom | My Trades

I have, but honestly I don't think I know enough about that kind of thing. One negative is that these commod ETF's don't track the futures contracts so well because of the need to roll over contracts. So, for now, this is the best I can do.

I tried Forex and it was alright. I'd like to try a few practice futures accounts, but either I haven't been looking hard enough or they aren't as prevalent as Forex.

If history is an accurate guide, and the March 9 low proves to be the final low, then natural gas stocks could continue to rally through mid July, and then sell off until February. The first leg of this analysis is on track.
    http://tinyurl.com/omhsdg

Bought more UNG at $14.87 with a prior set GTC order shortly after the open. Could have gotten 'em cheaper, but that's the breaks. I probably won't add any more unless we go below the low 13's.

Good luck, Bullitt! In a May 27 Bloomberg interview, Marc Faber says natural gas is the most undervalued commodity.

http://marcfaberblog.blogspot.com/

Lady
    If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. - Derek Bok

alevin Guest
    AutoTracker

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...s/6464946.html

A new article on gas/oil price relationship and price prognoses into 2010. I'm thinking its getting close to time to buy UNG, but the LNG import situation is still developing on the west coast, which keeps price pressure low. Now if it were just the domestic suppliers, I'd say we're about to go on a tear, and if the $ tanks to where we can't afford imports? It's possible, just don't know when or to what extent. My ATN is both oil and domestic gas, so I'm keeping an eye on both markets and competitor supply (LNG) trends