Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LTB's Account

Default LTB's Account

Good luck LTB!
    -- Tom | My Trades

Default Re: LTB's Account

Thanks Tom! BTW, is posting my trade that I talked about over in TSPTalk legal Monday Morning Quarterbacking?

Quote Originally Posted by LTB View Post
    Thanks Tom! BTW, is posting my trade that I talked about over in TSPTalk legal Monday Morning Quarterbacking?
    OK, but how about adding a link to it here for verification? Thanks!
    -- Tom | My Trades

Alright - let the games begin! To start with I'm a bit of a novice trader, made lots of mistakes (holding too long, not setting limits and/or stops) but have made some decent trades. I owe those successes to knowledge I've gleaned from the TSPTalk forums....

Today I sold SKF at 165 (great minds think alike, Gumby). I picked it up last week at 125 (http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/showthread...=4261&page=298) so I had a nice pop of 32%.

My problem is when I have cash sitting in my account I have a hard time not buying something right away. Hopefully I'll be a bit careful and I always want cash in my account to buy SKF when it drops, it plays like a yo-yo.

My problem is when I have cash sitting in my account I have a hard time not buying something right away. Hopefully I'll be a bit careful and I always want cash in my account to buy SKF when it drops, it plays like a yo-yo.
    Our biggest enemy when trading is ourselves. I have been doing this for many years and I still feel like a novice because it never seems to get easy.

I started this Trader Talk forum/thread --> (http://www.etftalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47) so we can talk about the obstacles traders run into and maybe, just maybe, we can avoid one or two mistakes by learning from others who have made them already. Sometimes it's inevitable though. No pain, no gain.
    -- Tom | My Trades

Hi and welcome, love-to-bike! I wondered who LTB was until I saw your avatar.

Lady
    If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. - Derek Bok

Hi LTB, good to see you over here and I expect we will all benefit from your experiences.

Today I sold SKF at 165 (great minds think alike, Gumby). I picked it up last week at 125 (http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/showthread...=4261&page=298) so I had a nice pop of 32%.
    We all need more trades like yours

I am looking at a buy back in on SKF @$150....may not get there for awhile. This ETF is not for the faint of hart.

Thanks for the compliment. You made my day.

I just set a new record. Last week I sold my SKF (the 17th) and I managed to hold on to the cash until today. At the end of the trading day I couldn't hold off anymore, I bought some GNK at $11.14. This has been a good stock for me in the past - shipping sector with good management. Normally this is a long-term hold for me but I'm expecting/hoping for an upward swing over the next week or so. No data to support this, just a feeling (which has now turned into prayer). Earlier this month is was trading around $20.

Sold my GNK at $13.54 - I had put in a stop there from yesterday's high. The trade was a 21.54% profit so I'm happy with that.

I'm currently in Australia (rest of the month), it is difficult to trade with a 12 hour difference. I have no feel for the market so I'm feel out of touch. What to do????