Thread: Cable

Default Cable

A quick 500 pips of upside still to come?

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=aEPdchG0yrLc
    "Don't let your highs get too high and don't let your lows get too low." Bullitt’s Market Blog

Default Re: Cable

Wow, actually a good call from UBS there on the EUR/USD
    "Don't let your highs get too high and don't let your lows get too low." Bullitt’s Market Blog

GBPUSD

This creature was a short for August 08....I mean SHORT....1200 pips in one month......Why? Don't know, maybe everyone went on vacation and flooded the other currency markets with pounds.....who knows....I am short from 1.6500 until 1.5900 - I'll stay in for the duration..... 600 pips of movement will net me my year in expectation.....
    I did not go long on the Yen at 100, I fell asleep at the keyboard...yeah...thats the way it happened ~ Frixxxx, as another DEMO account got destroyed in 32.7 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by frixxxx View Post
    GBPUSD
    I'll stay in for the duration..... 600 pips of movement will net me my year in expectation.....
    Good luck with that one. Could be a homerun.

I have had a big problem holding onto futures contracts for a long-term hold, even when that is my intention. The volatility is so high that I can't help but take it off the table when I have a decent gain. One reason is that I have had big gains disappear on me, but that is going to happen with long-term trades.

I had one trade (short ES) last year that would have made me high $xxx,xxx if I stuck with my plan, but instead I took a very small gain by comparison, and watched the market continue to fall without me after a brief rally. That was in October when the market had that 900-point rally.
    -- Tom | My Trades