Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are You Prepared??

Default Re: Are You Prepared??

My garden preps took a setback. I started some pole beans in the house and they were almost 10 inches tall. I found out this morning my wife's cat likes the taste of beans. She ate the leaves off everyone of them. I thought I was going to be ahead of the game come May 1 and the darn cat did me in....... Oh well, I still have some seeds left. I can start over.

If worst come to worse, you can eat that damn cat.

kidding. I'm not a cat hater. I have one myself. And a damn dog.
    -- Tom | My Trades

Quote Originally Posted by etftalk View Post
    If worst come to worse, you can eat that damn cat.

kidding. I'm not a cat hater. I have one myself. And a damn dog.

alevin Guest
    AutoTracker

LOL, no cat-eating, just call it gardening tuition. I'm still tearing up sod myself, haven't started anything in the house. Still going down to freezing at night this week tho-barely. Bought new wheelbarrow yesterday-old one so rusted out, if it cut me I'd have to go for a tetanus shot. Hey it was given to me 10+ years ago, salvaged from dump-bound trip even then. I need the new barrow tho, bought 2 P/U loads of compost, manure, topsoil, etc. Saturday, moving sequentially off the carport out to garden-to-be area. too tired tonight from 6 hour road trip and intense 3-hour meeting with scared-to-death agricultural producers fearful of losing 3d-generation small operations, reg agency reps, county judge, county commissioners. Cooked dinner and logged on w/glass of jug wine to see what transpired today. biz about Paulsen et al pretty interesting. Glad to see GLD go up closer to where I can unload it w/o loss and go sit on the sidelines some more, wait for a better worm.

Fed income tax collections are WAYYYY down nationally-see Ticker forum page. I may have to sacrifice some intended future brokerage Roth contribs to TSP instead to cut my 2010 taxes down to more comfortable size. Paying off the mortage last year resulted in sizeable tax additional payment that put me on margin of penalty.

I live 100 miles north of Mexico, so the flu is probably already here although it has yet to be confirmed

I’m going on vacation next month and because of this Flu thing, I’ve got to take preventative measures to avoid getting my grandmothers sick.

Effective Immediately:

-Our homeschooled children are officially quarantined. No church this month, no public places period. My wife will be doing a full month’s shopping tomorrow and we will be cutting out all extra trips.
    -I already have some, but I’ll be stocking up on surgical mask, alcohol wipes, dust mask and hand sanitizer.
    -The hardest part is that I’ll be going TDY this week, which means I’ve got to go through the El Paso Airport coming and going.
    Candlestick crack addict...

Good luck, my friend! Wash your hands ... wash your hands ... wash your hands. My spouse is already tired of hearing me say that!

If you take medications, please remember to have a stock of them on hand too. Today I requested refills of as many of my maintenance meds as I could.

Lady
    If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. - Derek Bok

Wow! I guess this is not a drill.
    -- Tom | My Trades

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...,63.896484&z=4

H1N1 Swine Flu
    H1N1 Swine flu in 2009
    Pink markers are suspect
    Purple markers are confirmed
    Deaths lack a dot in marker
    Yellow markers are negative
    Candlestick crack addict...

Quote Originally Posted by etftalk View Post
    Wow! I guess this is not a drill.
    Don't we wish! I figured that stocks in Roche and Glaxo and 3M (they make surgical masks and plastic gloves, among a zillion other things) would do well, and today as least they are doing excellently. People are stocking up. Next comes the panic.

I'm still not thinking pandemic ... yet ... but it probably doesn't hurt for us to take precautions. Do you think that "better safe than sorry" applies?

Lady

Quote Originally Posted by JTH View Post
    http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...,63.896484&z=4

H1N1 Swine Flu
    H1N1 Swine flu in 2009
    Pink markers are suspect
    Purple markers are confirmed
    Deaths lack a dot in marker
    Yellow markers are negative
    Excellent information! Thanks, J! I've bookmarked this.

Lady