Candlestick crack addict...

Default Re: Are You Prepared??

Feelin' surrounded, are ya?

Lady
    If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. - Derek Bok

alevin Guest
    AutoTracker

I'm reading that its the male 20-50 population that is being hit hardest and Mexican at that, far fewer per capita fatalities among the infected population in U.S. so far. think about relative difference in health environments and disease-spreading conditions between big cities and smaller communities, access to health care vs. non-access to health care. Limit YOUR exposure to extent possible, JTH, it may be you who is most vulnerable through association. My grandmother lived through the 1918 epidemic-11 years old, she got sick, didn't die. She told me the small town/rural schools were closed in her area-it helped keep it from spreading. the only one who died in my family either side back then was a 2-year old.

JTH, I wasn't able to come up with a lever .357 but I did manage to come up with a good long gun. Remington Model 742 DBL .308 Cal. Since it also shoots 7.62mm NATO rounds ammo isn't an issue right now anyway. Didn't succeed with the two for one ammo concept but I'm happy and can make long range shots if things get so bad I have to hunt for meat.

Quote Originally Posted by justbizness45 View Post
    JTH, I wasn't able to come up with a lever .357 but I did manage to come up with a good long gun. Remington Model 742 DBL .308 Cal. Since it also shoots 7.62mm NATO rounds ammo isn't an issue right now anyway. Didn't succeed with the two for one ammo concept but I'm happy and can make long range shots if things get so bad I have to hunt for meat.

Hey I love .308~!~!!! That's some good long-range-crack for busting up non-fleshy things like telephone poles I stock up on the comparable 762x39 myself (the russian version) Reminton makes a killer .308 I built on the M-16 platform.

You guys take care of the markets while I'm out. Gotta go, I'm TDY in Utah (yea what a rough life) I sure did miss out on some market action today. Most of my energy is being spent trying to avoid the flu.....

Like Lady said, wash your hands...
    Candlestick crack addict...

Quote Originally Posted by JTH View Post
    Hey I love .308~!~!!! That's some good long-range-crack for busting up non-fleshy things like telephone poles I stock up on the comparable 762x39 myself (the russian version) Reminton makes a killer .308 I built on the M-16 platform.

You guys take care of the markets while I'm out. Gotta go, I'm TDY in Utah (yea what a rough life) I sure did miss out on some market action today. Most of my energy is being spent trying to avoid the flu.....

Like Lady said, wash your hands...
    Picked it up for a song and he even had a couple 10 rd clips plus the stock 3 shot clip. Going out to the range and try it out this weekend. Ammo showed up yesterday.

Stay safe and healthy my friend.

alevin Guest
    AutoTracker

Well, it's finally here-in my area that is. Shortage of ammo-small town/rural gun shops my corner of the state. No shortage of weapons to buy tho. Article on front page of big city paper that serves my state. Shop owners reserving ammo for regular customers, wont sell large amounts to people they don't know. OTH small town cops/sheriff's deputies laughing at the furor and anxiety, think its humorous. Hope they're right.

OTH, my massage therapist (havent' been to him in several months-guy about 30, wife and 2 small kids, locally born and raised small town/rural family background)-we talked yesterday about "victory gardening", greenhouses from scratch and chicken raising being allowed within city limits! He and I are on the same track mentally, but he's an old chicken hand-been raising them since he was a teenager, I'm the newbie-we're both interested in "heritage" breeds. Both of us newbies to gardens and greenhouses tho. His garden's ahead of mine developmentally at the moment but I'll catch up. Acquired several old aluminum window frames for free from local glass shop last weekend, plan to turn them into cold frames by fall. Market up, economy on roller skates with weak ankles and bad balance. Prognosis-a** over teakettle, just a question of when and how bad. Still riding my token commod stocks/ETFs up until its time to jump off.

Good for you, Allie!

Remember that back lawn we removed to start garden? We picked our first tomato and zucchini last night. And got two peaches from the dwarf peach we planted last year. Not a huge amount of produce but we'll have summer squash in a few days, and the peppers and eggplant are blossoming. We're getting there.

Lady
    If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. - Derek Bok

Took the next step and applied for the concealed weapon permit. My state allows you to have one if you are allowed to to own a pistol. I expect when we are out of the woods recession wise the antis will go after pistols and I want to be grandfathered on any new legislation.

On a more upbeat note my upside down garden is doing well, tomatoes are blossoming and the lettuce, onions and beets growing out of the top of the buckets are doing well also. We had our first garden grown lettuce for dinner last week, man it was great!!

alevin Guest
    AutoTracker

Quote Originally Posted by justbizness45 View Post
    Took the next step and applied for the concealed weapon permit. My state allows you to have one if you are allowed to to own a pistol. I expect when we are out of the woods recession wise the antis will go after pistols and I want to be grandfathered on any new legislation.

On a more upbeat note my upside down garden is doing well, tomatoes are blossoming and the lettuce, onions and beets growing out of the top of the buckets are doing well also. We had our first garden grown lettuce for dinner last week, man it was great!!
    Good job, JB! on both items. Our local community college has been offering CCW permit classes lately, but have to bring own weapon, which I don't have-yet. OTH, I visited with an old old friend this weekend, saw 3 rifles for sale at a second-hand miscellaneous booth at an annual small town celebration-it triggered conversation between us about buying weapons for coming hard times. I was actually surprised she is thinking same way I am-without doing near the economic/financial reading I've been doing the past 2 years. She's been a widow longtime (early loss), but her husband was thinking of acquiring a specific weapon for her before he died. Told her that ammo availability is the bigger issue right now, and gave her ballpark # that's been put out there re preparedness reserve and practice rounds. So strange to be having that kind of conversation with one of the gentlest people I've ever known.

I acquired fair amount of decent scrap plywood last week from a new commercial building site (! shock-with all the real estate troubles still ongoing)-the workers had a sign up for free scrap, said it was ok to come by after work-went dumpster diving for the scrap after hours with my buddy the Nam vet, LOL, never gone dumpster diving before. Kinda fun. My future coldframe bases for the old window frames I salvaged from the local glass shop.