Thread: Stochastics

Default Stochastics

Here is a Stochastics chart of the S&P 500 with the number of its stocks moving above the 50, 150, & 200 day simple moving average.

sc.png

Here is another Stochastics view of the S&P 500 with the Financial, Technology, and Energy Sectors. I'm impressed with Technology

s1c.png

Some side-notes: During the last 9 March climb, Energy crossed above 20 first but 80 last. Technology crossed above 20 last (same time as $SPX) but crossed above 80 first. This may mean there might be some sort of Lag time that can be capitalized on? I don't have software to backtest this sort of thing, if anyone does then feel free to let us know if you find anything.
    Last edited by JTH; 04-05-2009 at 09:16 PM.
    Candlestick crack addict...

Default Re: Stochastics

Copper is king of the mountain. Gold & Silver are oversold and may get embedded soon. Who knows, these two may break to the upside when this market drops. I want to be a buyer if the price and opportunity are right.

sc.png
    Candlestick crack addict...

Default Re: Stochastics

Yeah, my platinum is doing well as is my DBB because of it's copper holdings, but my SLV and GDX are dragging my whole account down. I don't know how much more patience I can muster waiting for the upturn.

Lady
    If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. - Derek Bok