Thread: Live embedded streaming charts

Default Live embedded streaming charts

Has anyone noticed bestfreecharts has a live embedded streaming charts feature to embed into websites? That would be a cool feature to have.
    Candlestick crack addict...

Default Re: Live embedded streaming charts

I have not signed up for them. I assume the charts "stream" on their server, or is it on the server of the site they are shown on? In other words, whose bandwidth would the charts be using?
    -- Tom | My Trades

Quote Originally Posted by JTH View Post
    Has anyone noticed bestfreecharts has a live embedded streaming charts feature to embed into websites? That would be a cool feature to have.
    Quote Originally Posted by etftalk View Post
    I have not signed up for them. I assume the charts "stream" on their server, or is it on the server of the site they are shown on? In other words, whose bandwidth would the charts be using?
    I haven't a clue about the bandwidth. All I know about what J was talking about is what it says in the 'help' section of the bestfreecharts site:

"Placing Live Streaming Gadgets on Your Web Site or Blog
    Press chart button and configure your gadget. Press the [Create Script] button to generate the HTML that you cut and paste into your own website or blog."

http://www.bestfreecharts.com/

It's a neat site. Pretty awesome. Coolhand is the person who pointed me to it the first time. I have it up on my computer all the time now in a separate window because of the realtime data and the ability to see a volume-weighted average price. But if it were embedded it might bring that advertising strip with it , so I don't know how cool that would be for EFTTalk.

Lady
    If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. - Derek Bok

OK, I signed up and see the charts. pretty cool. I'll have to figure out the best place to implemement them. Any ideas?

Thanks!
    -- Tom | My Trades

OK, I signed up and see the charts. pretty cool. I'll have to figure out the best place to implemement them. Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Maybe it would depend on whether people check the main page first (then you could put it with the other EFT streaming charts there) or whether most folks go straight to the Community to check for post updates.

I usually go straight to the Community, and only look at the main page once in the late morning to get the latest Trader Signals from Fred and Ebb. But others may be in a totally different habit than that.

Who else wants to weigh in???

Lady
    If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. - Derek Bok

With ETF talk, 95% of the time I go to the community page and check for updates.

With TSP Talk 80% community page, 19% checking recent IFT, and 1 time checking the tracker to see where I rank.

Hey, no wonder no one ever clicks on the home page ads.
    -- Tom | My Trades

Hey, no wonder no one ever clicks on the home page ads.
    You have ads? I thought you just did this stuff out of the kindness of your heart

Having said that, I'ts been a while since I've clicked on some ads, I'll be sure to do that tonight.

LOL - I don't promote that since I am not supposed to. What I have seen happen on TSP Talk, is that we have a big following of regular readers, and they can't be bothered with the ads. They know what they are there for, and that's cool. I am the same way when I surf on the sites I frequent, so I try to remember to help out the site a little by viewing a sponsor's ad or two. Never know, I might find something that I like.

It's a catch 22. Usually new surfers stop by looking for something, and they are more likely to click around. But to get new people, I have to advertise more, and that costs $$. I have to figure out how to get regulars more interested in supporting sponsors without pushing the fact. I know I can make a lot more money becoming a completely pay site, but the traffic would drop like a rock. I'd have more money, but fewer visitors and my goal is for the sites to help as many people as possible, so that doesn't work. Plus the message boards would die, so I would never go that route.
    -- Tom | My Trades