Thread: Online Trading Academy

Default Online Trading Academy

http://www.tradingacademy.com/

Anybody heard about these guys? There's one in my area. I'm not sure if it's a franchise or owned by the company. I'm going to a free half day workshop this Thursday(May 20, 2010) to check the place out. I'm sure I'm going to get a sales pitch and I believe the classes are pretty expensive.

They have a radio show Monday through Friday. http://www.tradingacademy.com/radio/ You can download these shows on iTunes.

Apparently they have a local-to-me radio show on Saturday on 640 WGST that's really pretty good. Some of the information is rather basic. http://640wgst.com/pages/power_trading.html

I'll try to remember to come back here and let you all know how it went.

Default Re: Online Trading Academy

I haven't heard of them. Yes, let us know what you think. thanks!
    -- Tom | My Trades

Copied from the other site...

The basic class is 3 days for $2000. Then there are 4 days of supervised live trading with real money. During the 4 days they teach “advanced” trading techniques for an additional $3000. 7 days for a total of $5000.

After the 7 days in class the student is supposed to draw up a trading plan and submit it to his/her coach. The guy I talked to said that the first draft never gets approved. They mark it up with a red pen and send you home to improve it and resubmit it. After your plan is approved they send you home to trade for a month. I was told to expect to have BIG problems the first time out but the losses will be kept to a minimum. The student can make an appointment to come in to have his/her coach sit with them one on one and try to identify where the problems are and help figure out how to fix them. Not until the student has had 2 months of positive trades will the trading coach release you to trade on your own.

Basically the class is supposed to teach you how to manage risk by having a trading plan along with a coach there holding your hand and keeping you accountable for sticking to your plan. They allow their students to retake the class as many times as they need to at no additional charge.

The main pitch was that the training is LIVE...not a book to read or a DVD to watch. The second point is that it's for LIFE. As many retakes as you need for life. The third was a trading coach to see you through. Someone to ask questions to and someone to look over your shoulder.

My dumb ass signed up. The class I signed up for ain't till August. I have 3 days to cancel

Thanks! I saw some of the comments over there. Hey, I don't mind spending money on things I enjoy. Have fun and who knows, it may be a great opportunity.
    -- Tom | My Trades