Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: wwwtractor's Account

Default wwwtractor's Account

I went all in to SLV (Silver) today. I know it is a little late but I think silver is still going up for a long time over all trend. I have a Roth in Fidelity and so have several options for free trading in ETFs. SLV is already up over 2% for the day so far and up over 50% from July 10, 2009.
    Last edited by wwwtractor; 09-14-2010 at 03:29 PM.

Default wwwtractor's Account

Welcome wwwtractor, and good luck!

Sorry it took me so long to see your PM.

I got your message on the morning of 9/14/10:

I have a Roth account with ETFs and I just went all in to SLV today at $19.90
    -- Tom | My Trades

Default Re: wwwtractor's Account

I would like to do better on my Roth with ETFs. I am about even on TSP and Roth for this year. Maybe I can do better next year and the rest of this year. I still feel that inflation has got to hit and be recognized eventually.

I am selling one half of SLV to preserve the gains. We will see what the market brings today.

I put the SLV profits into SCZ because it is down about 20% over the last five years and I like small capitalization companies. It was a no commission buy in Fidelity.

Anyone have any suggestions for new money in the Roth for five or ten year growth? I am all in EFA in the TSP so I am looking for other options for the Roth.

I may open an account with TD Ameritrade for the 101 commission free ETFs.

TD Ameritrade's zero-commission program is designed to appeal to long-term investors. If investors do not hold the ETF for 30 calendar days, the brokerage's standard $9.99 per trade commission will be charged.
    TD Ameritrade's move extends free trades to investors who couldn't qualify for similar deals at other brokerages before. Most large online brokers with free ETF trading require $1,000 or more to open accounts. Other brokerages, including Zecco, Wells Fargo and Bank of America, offer a limited number of free trades on any stock, including ETFs, but a minimum account balance of $25,000 is required to qualify.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/perfi/...rade-etf_N.htm
    Last edited by wwwtractor; 11-02-2010 at 04:23 PM.

5 to 10 years? Tough one. Natural gas (UNG) may be a sleeper as it appears to be trying to bottom from a long decline.
    -- Tom | My Trades

Well, I guess I goofed selling SLV when it jumped almost 6% in one day but I am in for the long term so SCZ should go on up eventually. I may put new money into UNG since natural resources are limited and will always go up in value. Thanks.

My SLV and UNG are doing great in my new Roth. I was thinking about adding DBA - Commodities. Any thoughts on commodities or real estate for long term investments.

Also, I was wondering about contango on the UNG - Natural Gas because the storage costs may eat up the profits. I was thinking about FCG or other natural gas companies as a better long term idea.

Thanks for your ideas.

Depending how high natural gas goes, and of course that is speculation, the companies that mine it are probably better bets long-term, than companies that use it - if you go that way.
    -- Tom | My Trades

Current split in Roth account:

EWL 39.20% Switzerland because the exchange rate alone has a very positive prediction. Up 3% with purchase of less than one week.
    SLV 30.94% To fight inflation with 77% return since purchase.
    IYR 23.37% Also to fight inflation which I just bought.
    EFA 06.49% Has had good return recently since I bought it and I like international stocks with almost 10% return since purchase.

I would be pleased to get any comments on this allocation which I expect to maintain at this point until about October. I sold one half of my SLV recently when I read about the banking lawsuits which of course I should have kept. Thanks.
    Last edited by wwwtractor; 04-08-2011 at 11:34 PM.