Thread: not all brokers offer all products-looking for a new one

alevin Guest
    AutoTracker

Default not all brokers offer all products-looking for a new one

I decided I wanted to buy shares in a couple junior rare earth mining companies-one listed on AMEX, the other a Canadian company on pink sheets. My brokerage doesn't carry them in their list-REALLY don't understand why the one on AMEX not showing up.

need to find an online cheap brokerage that will let me buy them....could you take a look and see if yours carries them?

Looking for AVL, aka AVARF.pk (Avalon Rare Earth) and QSURD.pk (Quest Rare Metals).

Default Re: not all brokers offer all products-looking for a new one

Scottrade has Avalon under AVL, but I'm only finding Quest Rare Minerals (QSURF), not metals. Hope this helps.

alevin Guest
    AutoTracker

Thank you Archangel! I misnamed the Quest Rare Minerals company, but had the symbol right-from a month ago when it was still on pink sheets. Evidently its been listed on Nasdaq in the past month and changed the symbol slightly.

My broker still doesn't carry it or Avalon. bummer, wonder why. no matter. sounds like I'll be needing to open up a Scotttrade account in addition to the accounts I already have. I like my present broker-but need to add Scotttrade for investing flexibility, looks like. Many thanks for the broker research help!

Next year's Roth $ will go to Scotttrade, maybe I'll start taxable account now to roll into Roth later-will not be easy, but no time like the present. already funded 2011 with funds saved up last year. I may finally decide to roll over part of a traditional IRA into Roth over next 2 years instead-before taxes go up in 2013. Trad IRA is stuck in mutual funds-rode the crash down and up again there.

Quote Originally Posted by alevin View Post
    I decided I wanted to buy shares in a couple junior rare earth mining companies-one listed on AMEX, the other a Canadian company on pink sheets. My brokerage doesn't carry them in their list-REALLY don't understand why the one on AMEX not showing up.

need to find an online cheap brokerage that will let me buy them....could you take a look and see if yours carries them?

Looking for AVL, aka AVARF.pk (Avalon Rare Earth) and QSURD.pk (Quest Rare Metals).
    Sorry I'm so slow on this one, my dear. Looks like Archangel already took care of it. Just to let you know, I had the same experience s/he did with my Scottrade look-up and with my TradeKing look-up both.
    If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. - Derek Bok