Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: XL-entLady's Account

Default Re: XL-entLady's Account

Sorry to hear about the silver, for what it's worth I think you made the right choice. There isn't enough panic fleeing into metal stocks, and industrial use is still low.

OBTW, I noticed a certian blogger posting a youtube video?
    Candlestick crack addict...

alevin Guest
    AutoTracker

Sorry about your GDX and SLV both, I think I'm going to have to let some GLD go in the am, probably all of it-trading cost nickel and diming makes a difference in small accounts. I need to raise some cash to buy something with mor oomph for the taxable account, now that I moved most of my free cash over into the Roth account. Trying to hang onto the DBC yet, but sitting right on the RSI (14) 50-yard line, looking like going to start running down the field wrong direction, sooo, will see how things look in the am.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the commiserations. I'm still studying what to do with the $ that were freed up by the sale. I have 3 market days to decide before the funds settle, and we may be into a market correction by then so I'm going to take my time deciding.

Everyone was saying this upswing won't last, we're going down. And we kept going up. Now I'm starting to read that everyone is saying that this upswing might just have traction after all, which makes me think we could be going down soon for the retest. I'm starting to become a real contrarian in my market outlook I guess.

Lady
    If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. - Derek Bok

Quote of the day: "... the same damn fools who missed the oncoming freight train in the first place are now busy declaring its all clear." --Barry Ritholtz

http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2009/04...e-for-suckers/

Lady

What little bit of reading I've had time to do this morning leads me to believe that the market correction we've all been waiting for is finally here. Y'all be careful out there!

Wish I wasn't going to be away from a computer until Friday; this looks like it might be a good time to be short the market!

Lady

I'm back from my trip, finally. I was gone longer than originally planned; those toddler grandkids were just too cute to leave. I didn't have to spend 6 hours in an MRI tube after all. The technician had actually done a CSF test before so it only took 4 hours.

When I got back to a computer I found out that almost every one of my stops had been hit. I only have one position left, and it's in a 'set it and forget it' stock (MVSN).

My stops were hit several days ago so my funds have already settled but I don't know what my next positions are yet because I'm going to have to do some serious catching up before I decide.

Glad to be back!

Lady

alevin Guest
    AutoTracker

I noticed you looking around a little yesterday-quietly. It's great to have you back-you've been missed, in case you hadn't noticed. Really glad you had an experienced MRI tech and that you spent far less claustrophic time in the echochamber than anticipated. That is wonderful. Last time I went in-I demanded open MRI since it was available, I get the (close to) screaming heebie jeebies when I'm trapped in one-even the open one took some solid mind over matter.

Quote Originally Posted by alevin View Post
    It's great to have you back-you've been missed, in case you hadn't noticed.
    Thank you, my friend! That is so nice of you to say!

I've been buried in market studies today, and I think I'm buying CEF and GSK tomorrow. CEF because I'm pretty sure they have the gold and silver they are supposed to have. And GSK because they make one of the two antivirals on the market.

Still recovering from my trip, hope I'll have more energy to post tomorrow.

Lady

Today premarket I bought CEF ($11.50) GSK ($30.86) RHHBY ($31.80) and MMM ($56.70). I've set tight stops on all but the CEF (loose stop there) and the RHHBY (because Scottrade won't let me set a trailing stop on this one so I'm still figuring out what my stop should be). I could be really glad or really sorry about deploying my account this way. As you can tell, it is all based on the swine flu story. If the flu is a big smoke screen then my account takes a huge hit.

I figure this one is a win-win, because a flu pandemic is a scary enough thought that I would be really glad to be wrong in my stock picks!

Lady

Sold CEF for a loss this morning ($11.19). I don't know how many times I need to get burned on precious metals before I remember it hurts. Anyway, I sold it and bought something with unsettled funds, but I'm not going to sell soon so it will be okay.

Bought DNDN this morning at $21.91 because it owns a new prostate cancer treatment that has passed first several stages of tests and today is being presented at national urological medical meeting. (My dad has prostate cancer so I keep up on oncology news for the disease.) Anyway, the bump from the meeting presentation already has the stock at $24.24.

This might be a good one for longterm hold, so I wanted to let you guys know about it, FWIW.

Lady