Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: etftalk's Account

Default Re: etftalk's Account

Jumping into UNG again @ 5.84 (5.835 actually). Original stop is just under 5.50

Not the greatest chart, but the new 10-day high may be the start of a new trend.

I don't like the rising wedge formation off the bottom, so we need more upside quickly.

-- Tom | My Trades

I broke some of my rules today as I sold all of my UNG (6.36) on todays' rally. It always seems UNG has a very poor day after a good day. I will look to buy pullbacks as the trend is trying to remain up.
    -- Tom | My Trades

I'll watch your UNG moves with great interest. I've only owned it twice and it beat me both times. I don't think I understand it enough to own it. Good luck!

Lady
    If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. - Derek Bok

It's hitting a 5+ month high today. I usually like to buy the breakouts rather than sell, but I will give UNG a couple of days, because as I said, it seems to like to jerk the gains out from under us to get us leaning the wrong way. You can see that in the charts above.
    -- Tom | My Trades

alevin Guest
    AutoTracker

Hadn't been here in awhile, didn't realize you'd gotten into UNG, it had started to tickle my interest again a few weeks ago but I didn't act. It bit me the last time I tried to hang on for more than a little while. I'm with Lady, not sure I understand contango/backwardation well enough to play with UNG or DIG or DDG or similar.

UNG started a little pullback today.

-- Tom | My Trades

Well, looks like UNG has pulled back enough (or close enough). I bought back in at @5.875.

This one likes to make a lower low, then swing higher...

-- Tom | My Trades

Stopped out! sigh
    -- Tom | My Trades

After some lackluster trades in UNG and up and downs in silver and silver short trades, I have been a little quiet. I have been trading SSO mostly, and some AAPL, URBN (recent breakout) and LVLT (wild little bugger). Nothing special.

I am considering looking into oil ETF's "just in case" but that is probably a sign that we've hit a top. I've seen USO, OIL, and FOL (new 2X oil ETF). Are there any others out there worth looking into?
    -- Tom | My Trades

I never did pull the trigger on an oil ETF, but have been heavily in and out of SSO and TNA.

Also gambled on the new Chinese security software company's IPO. The initial price was targeted at 10.50 - 11.50. Then it was raised closer to $14. By the time it opened to the public on Wednesady, it opened up close to $30. It moved all the way over $35 during that first day of trading but pulled back on day 2 back below $30. I grabbed some at $29.19 just before the close on Thursday. It's back over $30 but moving up and down pretty quickly.
    -- Tom | My Trades